Profile Picture

Feature request for Exchange 6 pipeline - Ability to add bones in exchange!

Posted By gridlost 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Feature request for Exchange 6 pipeline - Ability to add bones in...

Author
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Granted i am not a very learned user of either Iclone or Exchange. I have spent allot of money with Reallusion lately.I currently own IC6 Pro, Indogo, Substance, Exchange 5 and 6 Pipeline. The only major package i am missing is the Avatar Kits which I will be getting later this year. I have not mentioned the numerous content packs I also have purchased. I am not trying to boast, just make a point I am a good customer and would happily purchase this feature. I love all the products. This being said... the one thing exchange is lacking is a boning system. When I model stuff in Zbrush, I dislike having to go to yet another package just to bone/rig a model for animation. Why can't boning be done in Xchange? Am I missing a feature due to a lack of my understanding or have the Developers felt there is no need for them to offer this kind of service? Why should I have to learn Blender or Maya just to animate a Zbrush sculpted custom model in Iclone? Those both are modeling and animation packages. I do not wish to learn yet one more package. I still need to master Magix Music maker for Audio assembly and editing and still yet Adobe Premiere Elements 11 for doing a final assembly of my videos. 

Reallusion,

Please include some kind of bone generator in an update for exchange 6 pipeline or make it an up-gradable add-on for it. I know there are plans for more features like GoZ for zbrush. Could you all add something like this or are there Complications to this kind of module? I am dense and misunderstanding this, I apologize. 

Thank you for your time,
Gridlost
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I think to rig and animate a sculpted mesh is not a good Idea .
Zbrush is good  for making detailsmap or morphs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

gridlost
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)Veteran Member (941 reputation)

vidi (6/27/2015)
Zbrush is good  for making detailsmap or morphs.

with all due respect Vidi,
Zbrush is used for creating full models. There is no issue in using them in animation. Those that have issues with this are not taking advantage of the full set of tools Zbrush provides. The only thing I can't do in Zbrush is RIg/add bones. I can even animate in Zbrush to a limited degree. Zbrush has come a very long way in the last 5 years. Low poly modeling is now very possible in Zbrush. You can make your high res Sculpt, then make your Vector Displacement maps, Decimate your model down to a manageable size then export it out. not hard to do at all. Heck you can paint and texture. Zbrush is not a "3D coat" or Mudbox. It is far better. Today you can even low poly Box model. The package is very complete.

I have seen Warlord on a few occasions create a model from Zbrush, then take it to a program to rig/bone then go through Xchange to get the model into Iclone. I just propose taking that silly middle step out of the pipeline. This would save me a lot of time as an independent  modeler and animator.

But ultimately you miss my point. A boning /Rigging system would be a great feature for Xchange 6 pipeline. it would be one less step for people to take to get their models into IClone.
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

I thought ZBrush is a sculpting tool
Therefore I wrote

Important to know , sculpting and modeling is not the same.
sculpt and decimate is the wrong way , you get not edge loops for nice bending, but it is necessary for animation.

liebe Grüße vidi

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
there are quite a few free rigging options
DAZ studio is one and Blender if you are game
DS can be quite easy depending on how you do it
once you have rigged a few things you can even re-use those figures with the transfer utility to rig others if wanting to use your own bones for redistribution.

vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am afraid it is not he wants to read
I do not wish to learn yet one more package

also seems,  he is looking for a automatic solution

Please include some kind of bone generator

liebe Grüße vidi

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
well in that case there is Mixamo

gridlost
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

vidi (6/28/2015)
I thought ZBrush is a sculpting tool
Therefore I wrote

Important to know , sculpting and modeling is not the same.
sculpt and decimate is the wrong way , you get not edge loops for nice bending, but it is necessary for animation.

Sculpting and Modeling are the same thing Vidi.  I can sculpt in Zbrush, then Zremesh the model that will give it better topology, with manageable Polys. Clean loops. Animetable geometry can easily be generated in Zbrush.

I mispoke when I said Decimate. 
gridlost
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

wendyluvscatz (7/27/2015)
there are quite a few free rigging options
DAZ studio is one and Blender if you are game
DS can be quite easy depending on how you do it
once you have rigged a few things you can even re-use those figures with the transfer utility to rig others if wanting to use your own bones for redistribution.

Wendy, Thanks for responding!

I could try to go the Daz Route, but that would mean adding a 2 more steps to the pipeline. Figuring out how to import my models into Daz, how much more will I have to ruin my Model to do that? Will it look good after it leaves Daz and in imported into IClone. The feature I am requesting would further complete the Iclone experience. It would decrease reliance on 3rd party tools. This would make Xchange more valuable. If not include it into exchange, then how about make it a module for either Exchange or Iclone Pro. The less I have to leave Iclone the more I can produce is less time.Give me a reason to not have to use Maya or Blender. 

Iclone is already in the process of out moding Daz. Look at the new Character creation system they are going to roll out. once that launches I can say goodbye to any further purchases in Daz. I will import the last of my Daz models and be done with it. I have poured over a grand into Iclone. I would rather keep my investments here.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
while sculpting and modeling are relatively the same thing,  sculpting is a relatively new term in the digital realm vs traditional polygonal modeling.  I don't hear about anyone 'sculpting' a model for a game,  you model a low poly character, you don't sculpt one. the high detail in voxel mesh modeling relates more to the nuances found in sculpting,  as in with clay. one would sooner say that they can model a cube with 6 faces, than sculpt one with 6 faces.

so yes,  sculpting and modeling is to avatars like china and india is to asia.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic