Submit Your Wishful Features after iClone 6

Posted By Visconti 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
sw00000p (2/6/2015)
Function Curve Editor! Wow

AHA! The ole Curve Editor Goat rears its horns again. Ermm

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
|WISH| Inverse Square Law Rule Option For Light Attenuation

We really need to have an option for "natural" lights attenuation, instead or aside the linear one.

(even an approximation of the inverse square law rule with a finite distance would do)

Thanks,
Guy.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Edited
9 Years Ago by grabiller
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Armstrong (2/5/2015)
Hi Reallusion Team... Just working on a project involving conversion of Blender Architecture to iClone compatibility and some of the elements I require on set demand Particle effects ONLY on movement........................

Is it possible that we can have particles that ONMLY emit if the object they're attached to move.

So that is an object is completely static the particle doesn't emit.

The time and effort this would save is impressive.

IF motion sensitive particle effects that emit on motion are not possible (or even if they are) can they be speed sensitive also ....
Meaning that the faster the particle moves through the air the MORE it emits.

My current project demands this and the complication involves the following logic.

On stationary, shut down particle (either by shunting way off set or controllably)
On motion re-attach (or replacement for emissions) ~
On acceleration increase manually degree of emission for that take...
COMPLICATION
Because we have stopped the timeline to increase emission rate we now have the dilemma of particle regeneration which means we need to backtrack.~
DOUBLE COMPLICATION
We therefore need to crossfade one take with the other else we have a sudden particle jump appearing as a flicker.
~
And so the confusion and complication goes on.

I don't know if particle acceleration/motion sensitivity exists.... in other software but it would be nice of the particle could "listen@" to its x,y,z, placement and at 'nth' sum generate according to the variable/valuefrom x,y,z1 to x,y,z,2 per frame.

Thanks,.

LUA script: if RL would open the door to the internal assets via LUA API, what you ask for would be a simple script.

1. if object position at frame N != object position at frame N-1 then switch on the emit (and set a key frame)
2. else switch off (and set a key frame)

I have been asking for LUA API for so long and RL mentioned in IC6 would have been in, but so far I have seen no real plan for it

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
9 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
lpatter
lpatter
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I Want to see the Iclone 6 features/promises implied working. Still waiting for
1. SPEEDTREE - It is supposed to be able to do the following:
a. SEASON CHANGES
b. ANIMATED GROWTH
2. SKYTOOL -- Can't get the stars to come out or the moon and sun to work

3. NEW FEATURES
- Dynamic shapes to create props like a scroll to roll up and roll flat
- SPECIAL EFFECTS - Dissolving character/Avatar/Prop
Dissolving, cracking disintegrating, exploding, burning ... drifting away
One special Avatar generation (Male and female) with basic clothes (skintight, pants, coat) with these built in properties on a "Perform Menu".
>>Direction: Dissolve right-left-right, left, top-down, bottom-up, diagonal
>>Style: Cracked clay, sand, balls, hairy whisps - set by a diffuse chanel
>> Wind: affect how particles are blown away
>> Dissolve Pattern: Tornado, waves, swirls, normal, sparkly,
rchai
rchai
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago

This has been "wished" for before, but I wanted to highlight it again.

I wish that RL will include a switch to turn on/off "automatic key frames".

There are many times when I need to position a prop , character or do some material adjustments, check something that happen in a frame that is not the starting frame. And I need to see it as it is at that non-frame 1 position. Moving anything or changing stuff tends to add automatic key frames when I don't want it to.

yes, I am aware of control-Z, deleting key frames, switching to frame 1 and then selecting object and then zooming there in preview camera ... and other workarounds. But it's so much easier and time-saving just to turn auto-key frame on/off when needed.

I waste a lot of time reloading projects from earlier versions when I forget to go back to frame 1 before adding / looking at / adjusting something , and then zooming back out, and when the work-arounds don't work.

Hope RL can do this....
richardgetz39
richardgetz39
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello,
A feature for iClone I'd like to see already exists as a program used in commercials.
It's a virtual screen that can turn on a user defined axis, and the picture or video displayed acts like the surface of the screen. The effect is like walking around a flat screen TV.
If this could be imposed into the 3D environment, it would add more versatility for the user.

When the user call up this device, it should have a default croma green or user chosen croma blue. This will add more versatility for those who use cromacolor photo editing programs. The user may then choose to browse for a picture, render, or video loop at this point.
The user should be able to size the screen up or down, position as wall, ceiling or floor, or parent the screen to a model flat-screen "rabbit ears" TV.

It could be used for;
Backgrounds. Instead of creating a whole environment outside a door or window, the user can use a picture, or a render or video loop. This could save much needed computer resources especially if the work is an animation and a video loop is used . Think of films where people are talking in a "moving" car. As a ceiling, imagine stormy weather scenes.
As a floor, now you can use real ocean or river flow with a CG boat. Or have a character standing on a cliff overlooking a great chasm:

Special Effects. If a character can walk though the screen, you can make your own worm hole effect. If sized down and parented to a model flat screen, it can be a two way com screen. Or just have a TV going with something related or irrelevant to the scene.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
richardgetz39 (2/21/2015)
Hello,
A feature for iClone I'd like to see already exists as a program used in commercials.
It's a virtual screen that can turn on a user defined axis, and the picture or video displayed acts like the surface of the screen. The effect is like walking around a flat screen TV.
If this could be imposed into the 3D environment, it would add more versatility for the user.

When the user call up this device, it should have a default croma green or user chosen croma blue. This will add more versatility for those who use cromacolor photo editing programs. The user may then choose to browse for a picture, render, or video loop at this point.
The user should be able to size the screen up or down, position as wall, ceiling or floor, or parent the screen to a model flat-screen "rabbit ears" TV.

It could be used for;
Backgrounds. Instead of creating a whole environment outside a door or window, the user can use a picture, or a render or video loop. This could save much needed computer resources especially if the work is an animation and a video loop is used . Think of films where people are talking in a "moving" car. As a ceiling, imagine stormy weather scenes.
As a floor, now you can use real ocean or river flow with a CG boat. Or have a character standing on a cliff overlooking a great chasm:

Special Effects. If a character can walk though the screen, you can make your own worm hole effect. If sized down and parented to a model flat screen, it can be a two way com screen. Or just have a TV going with something related or irrelevant to the scene.

You'll be pleased to know there already are both standard and "face-camera" billboards. Smile

Look in your Props/Billboard directory in the Content Manager.
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
animagic (1/28/2015)
These are all very good ideas, but...

I really want a working mirror!

And I don't want to wait till iClone 7...Angry

+1
Very much me too!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Icons for non UV mapped materials that show transparency, reflection, and gloss etc.

I'd like it if there was a display mode selection and a match displayed mode as render. So that I could render in silhouette shading, wireframe, or without textures for effects.

Play a snippet of sound while scrubbing.

Save toon shading settings.

Save material settings to include specular, reflection, shine, etc. option

When using the Edit Motion Layer remember the last tool used so if I used rotate last I don't have to choose it again every time.

Have an orthographic mode to help visualize or align objects to a scene without the perspective view.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Here is a very powerful tool for iClone: The motion mixer.

The ability to choose a motion preset and combine them to other motion presets with options for the percentage override for each part of the body. Now you can mix and match increasing the ability to make even more unique actions. These setting can also be keyframed to transition form one motion to another seamlessly.

Example: Scene requires a character to walk and explain at the same time.

To do this you first select the the walking motion for your character then you choose another motion using the 'mix motion' feature and select the explaining motion. This opens a dialog with 4 percentage sliders to choose the amount of blend for each quadrant of the body. one for the right top, left top, lower right, lower left. In this example we will select 100% for the right top, 75% for the left top, and 0% for the 2 lower parts to keep the walking part.

There are so many uses for this feature, you can use a fixed pose mixed with a motion this will make the moving pose more subtle depending on how much the still pose is used. You can weave 2 motions that occur at different times for a smooth transition. You could have the character do things sitting that is mean for a standing motion and vice versa.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg

Reading This Topic