Posted By wendyluvscatz 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

questions about animating non-human, creature base avatars

Author
wendyluvscatz
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I don't want to make multiple posts
I already posted a query about the 3D universe figures, not just the big 5 bat all of them, toon Santa etc.
But this also applies to ANY non-human or creature base avatar for me in iC4std.
I can only rotate joints along one axis of the limb.
Human, normal avatars allow pulling with the move tool but only rotate works in motion editor on these characters making poses difficult.
Also trying to add to library only allows the whole avatar to be saved, not the pose or motion as a normal figure would do.
So just how does one animate these figures?
Many like the bigboss cats have right clickable motions built in, so one can just use these but the 3D universe ones have nothing.
I cannot even put toon Santa's arms by his sides.
Does ANYONE use these figures?
I have been searching endlessly on the forum, white paper development pages, Google you name it,
3D universe didn't do the iClone versions, just licensed their use and I am very familiar and fond of their figures in Poser and Carrara where ofcourse I can do just about EVERYTHING having most the tools and plugins and means to export to just about everthing bar iClone.
Never bothered with getting iClone pro or the 3Dxchange that imports fbx.

WHICH IS WHY I BOUGHT CONTENT!!!!!
but cannot really use it!
Seriously, am I just stupid?
Others must be able to use these figures somehow?
Just what am I missing?
Just idle animated poses and walks like most of the iprops would do!
If I wasn't using these purchases towards iClone5 & the ability to at least import BVH which I COULD use to pose bipeds as quadrupeds
(plenty of the Carnigie Mellon BVH's can be tweeked in Carrara to do just that! Plus I CAN make my own)
I would have returned them already.
AND BOUGHT THE POSER VERSIONS AND THE NEWER 3Dxchange!
but since I cannot use that towards iC5 and had to spend the money anyway, still hoping there is a way to use this content!

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi Wendy

I'm sorry to say that if these are none standard character and no animation files have been given with them then I think I am right in saying you need to animate them bit by bit in the motion editor. This is not easy and as it is based on keyframes  moving 2 joints at the same time is near impossible.

I have been asking for better animation tools for these characters for some time so waiting to see what Iclone 5 offers.

The best option you would have had would have been to buy the Daz version animate in what ever program you use then export as FBX Import into 3dexchange with animation. You need to keep the pollys down or 3dexchange will crash.

Ho and you would probably save some cach too ... I bought 3duniverse toon cars from RL $39 =£30 expecting Icars noooo! Over at Daz $19 = £11 and had to to the same amount of work on them to turn them into Icars .....

If it is important for RL to sell content then their content needs to stand out (some times it does) but of late $99 content sets with a handfull of props and little to no Iprops doesnt make sence..

Im just saying.............

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

Edited
13 Years Ago by bluemidget666
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Indeed
the Poser figures would also get more use in my software of choice too!
I guess that is why Reallusion didn't allow software to be used towards iC5!
They are pretty usless without the motions, the dog and mouse the only usable ones.
I made a BAD content choice I am afraid
the bigboss skintight ones are much better, I CAN walk them in director mode too!
Wish I'd bought more of their animals at least instead.

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I don't want to make multiple posts
I already posted a query about the 3D universe figures, not just the big 5 bat all of them, toon Santa etc.
But this also applies to ANY non-human or creature base avatar for me in iC4std.
I can only rotate joints along one axis of the limb.

I cannot even put toon Santa's arms by his sides.

When you choose the joint, try clicking the Right Mouse Button to change the axis.

Also trying to add to library only allows the whole avatar to be saved, not the pose or motion as a normal figure would do.

Once you have a few edits done you like, you can "Collect" The Motion Layer changes and save those as Motions.

Now, I don't own the packs you mention, but the same principles should apply to these as all Non-Standard Characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJQh2KIFR2c This is a converted Non-Standard Character , and the motions for it were all collected and saved for re-use.

also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Gad3KadDE

and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVwF8c6DBFM

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Thx Crikey,
have since been told about the right click, had tried various things including using right button but missed that.
As for saving motions, I think that depends on how the figure was converted and saved in 3Dxchange.
Once I have iC5 and also being the pro version, I will upgrade my 3Dxchange to the version that does fbx as I do have Daz studio fbx plugin and can also do it in Carrara,

up until now, not spent very much at Reallusion as my old computer didn't run iClone very well.

I even have the basic figure set up tools and also Poser7 with its setup room to be able to oneday make my own rigged figures using Carrara, Hexagon, Sculptris and Blender but my models sofar too crappy to bother!

Reading This Topic