Techniques n stuff

Posted By planetstardragon 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
i actually discovered this completely by accident, but it came out so cool i figured I'd share it to see where others in the community can take it creatively....it can turn a simple 'eh' type of scene into a breath taking moment!

now while we call iclone 3D...... in reality , it's just 2D because , well you have 2 eyes and your screen is flat! what helps the imagination, is showing the different angles of the shot so you can have all the data you need to 'imagine' it's 3Dness!!

so basically I do the same scene from like 5-6 angles, and I keep cutting around in circles ....meaning camera 1 is shooting from north, 2 south, 3 east, 4 west 5 above .6 below looking up ....then the edit would go n e s b w a n e s w, so if for example you have someone jumping off of a clif......... because of the various angles you shot, you feel that moment he jumps in the pit of your stomach, because you 'could only imagine' what it felt like to be there. the more visual info the stronger and more in tune the imagination becomes with your story.

If anyone has any other techniques they'd like to share, I'd love to hear them. Smile

Note to Peter, looks like it's working today. - Thank You!!

Edited
13 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Do you have a link to a video of the process you describe? I clicked on the link in your post, but the video there appeared to be unrelated.
namunger
namunger
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Sounds kind of like what they did in the Matrix movies to make the "bullet time" effect - about 100 still cameras all in a path around the subject, all timed to go off within a short span of time. I'd imagine doing in in iC would be much less of a headache!

----

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Most things in iClone can be "frozen" to allow a camera move for the effect. I don't think particles can be frozen though. We used to battle with this in Moviestorm, because its timeline works a bit differently and will not allow for stuff to be left in a default frozen state (unless you mod up your own animations that do not depricate, or such).

The camera switch is a handy tool, and so is an external video editor to put together those multiple, simultaneous shots.

I find that I often will shoot scenes with just one camera (just because its simple), and then set the transition curves of all my camera moves/rotations to "step". Just double click on the far left side of the camera track to select all camera keys, then right-click on any key and select "step" from the transition curve menu.Smile

When you do the multiple cameras, do you usually record your entire scene/movie from all points of view and run them parallel in your editor?

Maybe a hand-held prop with attached cameras would be cool to get this effect, but from a character's hand-held point of view (hello Cloverfield/Apollo 18).
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

this is the video I discovered the technique in, when it comes to the part that bruce lee is about to jump off the cliff, the scene was a little boring with just one view of him jumping,
and I wanted to find a way to emphasize the height of the cliff... so I started to film different angles to give the viewer more of an idea of just how high the cliff was.

I made this video like 3 months after discovering icone, so my animation could have been much better, I may have to call up the files for a redeux in hd!!

mark
mark
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yep you got it Ricky! That's how I shoot my scenes.
Course we're limited to "only" 16 cameras per scene BigGrin

It's pretty much like I shoot live action films...it's just real expensive to rent multiple cameras for a given scene..much cheaper in iClone.

That's what makes the editing process sooo much fun because you can find a whole new rhythm and perspective to a scene with multiple angles to choose from and edit with Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Pretty good, RickySmile

A basic principle of Videography, which most Amateurs don't consider:

Full, quarter, 3 quarter, side, up, top & (_!_) bottom shots. Usually, it's just Pan & Zoom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

That was cool! Smile Especially loved the costume design.

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Reading This Topic