Profile Picture

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Avatar Builder Service - Closure Announcement

It is with regret we have to announce the imminent closure of the iClone Avatar Builder service. As many of you will already know, Evolver (whose service powered Avatar Builder) has recently been purchased by Autodesk. This change of onwership means that Avatar Builder will now be closed at the request of Autodesk.

At present we don't have a confirmed date for the closure but it expected to be in about a weeks time. I will update when a date is finalized.

In the meantime if you still wish to use the service to build any avatars for iClone then please do so as soon as possible. You will of course be able to use the avatars in iClone after the service closes.

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/icab_home.asp

Thank you for using Avatar Builder. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TucsonDoobie
TucsonDoobie
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello--

Two female standard characters I purchased through iClone Avatar Builder did not download the hair so I can select them. The third female has a selectable hair prop as shown in the Help. The others do not even show they have hair as a separate prop? The hair is also integrated into the back of the neck on these two.

I have change the Head to Jana (this is not what I ordered), and got rid of the hair color on the back of the neck, but now the hands are a different color than the rest of the body.

I've tried changing them in both ver. 4 & 5 and I have fiddled extensively within Photoshop to get something workable.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

dave Smile
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Perhaps this link might help is shows the procedure to correct skin approx 3/4 of the way down the page.

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/help/Evolver/index.htm

Duchess Designs Store 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)

Hi Dave

Please refer to the Avatar Builder guide HERE.

This will explain how hair works and how to match skin tone correctly. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TucsonDoobie
TucsonDoobie
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

I want to thank dutchess110 and Peter as I was able to get the skin color corrected.BigGrin

I'm still working on the head situation. w00t

The pounding has subsided to a slight "deformation". Hehe
TucsonDoobie
TucsonDoobie
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I have been given 4,000 pts credit for the 2 G-Evolver characters that did not download with a separate hair prop.

I was asked to send them to Kai Deneve @ Reallusion Support, but the two models I sent were messed up, so their modelers could not fix the mesh.

I'm very happy that Reallusion tried to fix the problem.

Thanks!

...dave Smile
animagic
ExclamationMark
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
I just received this e-mail about Evolver, so I assume this affects the service as well?
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dear Evolver Customer,

As we previously announced, Autodesk acquired the Evolver technology, which has remained available via Evolver.com. We are now ready to begin transitioning the Evolver.com infrastructure to Autodesk.  As a result, Evolver.com will no longer be accessible effective January 31, 2012 at 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time.

User-generated content will not be migrated from the Evolver.com infrastructure to Autodesk. Therefore please ensure you download any content you have stored on Evolver.com prior to February 1, 2012. Content you have created on Evolver.com or are using continues to be subject to the Autodesk Evolver Terms of Use.

It is our intention to re-productize the Evolver technology in a different way in the future. Thank you for your co-operation and we will provide updates as they become available.

Questions can be sent to  EvolverSupport@autodesk.com

Sincerely,

Autodesk

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Animagic

The email from Autodesk applies to the Evolver service which ends on the 31st January 2012. The Avatar Builder service from Reallusion closed quite some time ago now.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Hi Peter, thanks. I guess I missed the memo... Blush I knew it was about to close down, but not exactly when... Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

tribent
tribent
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
How is re-prod coming? Missing the online builder :-(

Reading This Topic