How about BVH export? in the future?

Posted By tylerzambori 13 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
tylerzambori
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
With the new mocap abilities coming up, lots of people would
probably like to capture mocap in Iclone, with the kinect sensor
and plugin, then export the mocap as BVH.

That could bring a lot of interest. Just sayin......

"I am not a senior anything."
Arada
Arada
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I understand that the plugin is not possible to export BVH?

A great pity. I am waiting for such a possibility.

Arnold

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Peter (RL) will be able to confirm (or deny), but I believe that BVH export will be possible through the new version 5 of 3DXchange.

Remember though that BVH is not easily transferable to a different (non-iClone) kind of character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Animagic is correct. BVH export will be a feature of 3DXchange5 along with FBX export. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Thanks, Peter, for confirming. I'm glad the old memory is still functioning... Hehe

Gochris
Gochris
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I am a Cinema 4 D User. I would like to use iClone 5 for Motion Capture.

Would I be able to create mocap data in iClone 5 and export the data as .BVH? And then import the .BVH data into Cinema 4D and have the data control a character rig I build in Cinema 4 D?

Does anyone know?

Thanks
Gochris
tonilandau
tonilandau
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I have tried a few times the BVH converter built into Iclone 4 and Iclone 5 Pro(not available in Iclone 5 Standard!) and I've been lucky to manage to successfully convert a very few number of BVH motions into Iclone format,but with minimum success to be applied onto some Iclone (especially G3)characters. But it's unpredictable what motions will work and which will not.BigGrin

I'm still trying unsuccessfully so far on G5 characters,but continuing to experiment and hope to fully convert some of the DAZ Studio 4.0 genesis default characters to bring them into Iclone 4 or 5 Pro,and hopefully animate them manually. Wish me luck!Cool

I think @mjordy was successful in animating the DAZ Studio 4 genesis Gorilla,from the video he posted on the showcase yourself about a TV commercial or something! I wonder how hard/how long it took him to do it!
Edited
12 Years Ago by tonilandau
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@tonilandau the problem with the BVH conversions to Iclone is that there is no standard rig format. basically what the bvh converter does is retargets motions to the iclone skeleton. This depends on the bvh converter profile, there are special commands to bring up the bvh converter in a special mode to create / modify profiles.....but it can be a tedious process because it's a hit or miss strategy......also you may want to try prepping any bvh's you get with a program called "BVH Hacker " http://www.bvhacker.com/ this program also functions similar to the iclones bvh converter, in the sense that it helps to make bvh motions compatible for 2nd life, ....which is a much friendlier skeleton / rig than some of the High Definition files floating on the net. The problem with the High Definition rigs, is that when these numbers are rounded down.....you often get twitches and bends ....best way to explain is the difference is a high quality mp3 at 320k ...or a poorly sounding conversion at like a 64k conversion, those sound horrible because all the details of the sound were eliminated......well the same concept applies to motion capture .....

Just sharing what I've learned so far, I find the whole motion capture side of animation fascinating Smile

Edited
12 Years Ago by planetstardragon
animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The special mode planet mentions is accessed by using "/s" flag. I've put a shortcut on my desktop that includes this flag: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\BVH Motion Converter 3\MotionConverter.exe" /s.

There is a Poser BVH profile somewhere on the forum. The idea is that by going through Poser or Daz first, you may be more successful. I've never had much luck. Tedious is indeed the operative word.

Reading This Topic