Profile Picture

Error adding move command

Posted By hopemanjohn 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hopemanjohn
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hi,

I am a newbie to iClone and am looking for help with the the animation path command.

I have followed several tutorial videos to the letter. Tried it on a brand new project with only the actor present but I always get the same error message.

After having set the path, made sure that the actor was active, right clicked on him, selected move and walk forward and then clicked on the path starting node, I always get this error message:

'Error Adding Move Command' and the actor just remains stationary when I click the ok button.

Help please.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
hopemanjohn (7/25/2011)
Hi,

I am a newbie to iClone and am looking for help with the the animation path command.

I have followed several tutorial videos to the letter. Tried it on a brand new project with only the actor present but I always get the same error message.

After having set the path, made sure that the actor was active, right clicked on him, selected move and walk forward and then clicked on the path starting node, I always get this error message:

'Error Adding Move Command' and the actor just remains stationary when I click the ok button.

Help please.

1. Which Actor?
2. Have you tried moving the Actor FWD without selecting the Path?
3. Do you have enough time left on the play line to allow the motion to be carried out? In other words, make sure you are not at the end of the project.

If the answer to #2 is, "The Actor still won't move", then you should see if the AML is intact by loading a different persona from a character that does work when requesting the perform command "Move Forward".

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
hopemanjohn
hopemanjohn
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hi Cricky,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

The Actor I was using was Benny, with a different head and hair from the starter packs I purchased with iClone. The persona was also set to Benny.

There was enough time left on the time line and yes the Actor got the same error when moved forward manually.

However, I changed the persona to that of Dylan and the actor set off down the path OK.

Now as I said I am a newbie to this program and I just don't have a clue as to what you mean by the AML being intact.

I also do not understand why the persona effected the animation.

Still it all works now so thanks once again for your reply.

Off to bed now as it after midnight here in Scotland.
george_gary
george_gary
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
hey i selected dylan and nothing did not work i tried everything still saying error placing command can some one plz help
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
george_gary (4/25/2012)
hey i selected dylan and nothing did not work i tried everything still saying error placing command can some one plz help

What command are you trying?

** Note that a "Persona" is based on actual Motion files that already exist in your system, or were added before the Persona was configured and built.

If you move the motions associated with a persona, delete them all together, or change the names of the motions the persona was based/built upon, it has no idea where the motions moved or had a name change. They leave no forwarding address.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "

Reading This Topic