Profile Picture

Help with skin texturing Using Total Materials Vol.4: Humans & Creatures

Posted By moviechick 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Help with skin texturing Using Total Materials Vol.4: Humans &...

Author
moviechick
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Sometime back I bought the Total Materials Vol.4: Humans & Creatures pack and hadn't really Played with it, Well today l loaded it up and I am So frustrated I can't see straight :~)
I have looked everywhere for tutorials for this pack. The wizard tutorial is not helpful at all.
l pretty much know how to use the materials but for the lips, facial skin, blemishes, hair and all the other materials pertaining to the characters I am at a complete loss. So anybody Out there that can teach this old dog new tricks?
thanks heaps- Jo
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 minutes ago
Hi Jo

Please take a look at the link below. This shows how to use individual textures like lips etc.

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/3DTextureMaterial/all_purpose/FacialTexture.aspx

This should help you get started on using the textures. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

moviechick
moviechick
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)Veteran Member (812 reputation)

Hi Peter
Thanks for the reply... And thanks for the link. That is the same tutorial I looked at before. I am assuming that by choosing an object to apply these textures ( scars, cuts, lips, etc) to, it's just a way to get the graphic into the editing software? Then apply them to the character like a .png? I guess I'll play around some more.... Thanks, Jo
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
moviechick (7/19/2011)
I am assuming that by choosing an object to apply these textures ( scars, cuts, lips, etc) to, it's just a way to get the graphic into the editing software? Then apply them to the character like a .png?

When I looked at this tutorial, that was my take on it. It's tempting to speculate that this functionality is a "placeholder" solution until they can rig a more logical user-interface. It's probably a much bigger job than could be shoehorned into a dot-release for v 4 so my guess is this is a preview of an iClone 5 feature.

Note the fact that assets need to be protected by Digital Rights Management is likely to represent a significant barrier to just casually rolling out content such as this. It's really a miracle that the system works as well as it does. Wink

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
moviechick
moviechick
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Paumanok West
Thanks for taking a look at this tut. Yes, like you, wouldn't it be wonderful to see direct application in IC5. :--)
I suppose I should have researched a little more. I would like to see how the skin texture of the man with the pipe was achieved with this pack, since the pack appears to have a wrinkle map included.

Jo

Reading This Topic