Short "how-to's"

Posted By kurzal 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kurzal
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Why I decided to make this thread? The fact there are three reasons for this:
- I can see that the average quality of amateur CTA animation leaves much to be desired (let's be honest with ourselves);
- I offered to collect all my "tutorials" in one place, but I was too lazy Blush to look for them on various video sharing;
- and finally, I recently became a Tutor! (here, at Reallusion Forum BigGrin ).

How will it look? Very simple. You ask a question about the animation in CTA in this thread, and I answer it. Quick question - short (up to 5 minutes) video answer. I have a suspicion that you have the questions Rolleyes

I do solemnly swear that I will use the most simple words in answers... just because I can not use more complex ones BigGrin

So let's start from the blank page! Why not?

P.S. Frankly, I do not know what will come of this venture, but I want to believe the best. And if it helps at least one person, I'll be very happy.
P.P.S. ... and my apologies (in advance Wink ) for my awful english Smile

--------
Igor

Edited
13 Years Ago by kurzal
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Igor,

Thank you for creating this thread. How-to's that are short and to the point and answer a specific question is what I'm looking for, which is my learning style and I wouldn't be surprise if it is a lot of others too.

And don't worry about your English, I'm not that great either and it's my native languagew00t

Thanks again!!!!!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

peteradam6
peteradam6
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Many thanks! Ok, here's one to start with... What might be the best way to do a "walking into the sunset" shot in Animator? I mean, the characters viewed from the rear, with motion?

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
Duncanduncan
Duncanduncan
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (910 reputation)Veteran Member (910 reputation)Veteran Member (910 reputation)Veteran Member (910 reputation)Veteran Member (910 reputation)Veteran Member (910 reputation)Veteran Member (910 reputation)Veteran Member (910 reputation)Veteran Member (910 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Igor thanks for the thread idea and the help. I was working on masking a picture based character and I am wondering if you could offer do a tutorial on this?
Also somehow I popped out of the editor and cannot figure out how to put my character back in so I can start to mask and edit the joints which were not finished?
thanks!

DuncanDuncan
Aidan@noblestriving.com
kurzal
kurzal
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

peteradam6 (7/16/2011)
... What might be the best way to do a "walking into the sunset" shot in Animator? I mean, the characters viewed from the rear, with motion?

Thanks for question! Here's the answer Smile

Hope it helps Smile

Project file you can download here

Odd Job Jack torrent is here

--------
Igor

Edited
13 Years Ago by kurzal
rogdodge
rogdodge
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Igor,

A Tutorial about how to save a JPEG/GIF etc photo of Head/Attire etc so that it can then be used in Crazy Talk would be great. i.e how to get .ctHead or .ctActor extensions.

Many thanks,

rogdodge

kurzal
kurzal
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Duncanduncan (7/16/2011)
Igor thanks for the thread idea and the help. I was working on masking a picture based character and I am wondering if you could offer do a tutorial on this?

Thanks for question!

I can't make "5-minutes or Short answer" on this, believe me Smile This will require a lot of work and there are RL-tutorials and they are all good, really! But! You can divide the problem into small parts and select the most important. There is no such things that you can not do anything at all Smile
Also somehow I popped out of the editor and cannot figure out how to put my character back in so I can start to mask and edit the joints which were not finished?

The only way is save your work constantly. Open image in editor - save it immediately... next part of work - save it... and save... and save, and so on. This is the only way. Yes, sometimes I forget to save my works too. But my wife does not like when I - for no apparent reason - begin to speak loud with "four-letters" words... So if you like your family, your work and your time - just save constantly BigGrin

--------
Igor

Edited
13 Years Ago by kurzal
kurzal
kurzal
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rogdodge (7/17/2011)

A Tutorial about howto save a JPEG/GIF etc photo of Head/Attire etc so that it can then be used in Crazy Talk would be great.i.e how to get .ctHead or .ctActor extensions.

Thanks for question!

As I can understand .ctHead or .ctActor extensions are "inner" (propientary) RL-formats and no one third-party software can works with them. You can create/edit/save those formats/files only with CrazyTalk Animator.

--------
Igor

Edited
13 Years Ago by kurzal
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 39 minutes ago
Hey Kurzal, I would like to use some of Iclone's assets in CTA.  In this particular case I want to import a particle effect (fire) on a transparent background into CTA.  I dont know how to make it a transparent background.  My tools are IC4, drawplus, vegas movie studio and gimp.  Thoughts?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
13 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
kurzal
kurzal
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thebiz.movies (7/17/2011)
I would like to use some of Iclone's assets in CTA. In this particular case I want to import a particle effect (fire)on a transparent background into CTA. I dont know how to make it a transparent background. My tools are IC4, drawplus, vegas movie studio and gimp. Thoughts?

Thanks for question!

No thoughts from now! Just do it! BigGrin

--------
Igor

Reading This Topic