Profile Picture

Adding video import support

Posted By shurik 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
shurik
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Adding some sort of video animation support. As in, the program motion tracks the video from (for example) frame 20 to frame 30; according to the user's input. Then, the user applies the reference points for the facial animation, thus giving us the most powerful facial animation tool in the world BigGrin

or an alternate solution, use a 3rd part motion tracking program, import the data to CrazyTalk and CrazyTalk applies full 3D facial animation according to the tracking data.

I know I'd love to have this feature since I'm making a machinima film and I need to somehow make the speech look realistic.
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
shurik (6/29/2011)
Adding some sort of video animation support. As in, the program motion tracks the video from (for example) frame 20 to frame 30; according to the user's input. Then, the user applies the reference points for the facial animation, thus giving us the most powerful facial animation tool in the world BigGrin

or an alternate solution, use a 3rd part motion tracking program, import the data to CrazyTalk and CrazyTalk applies full 3D facial animation according to the tracking data.

I know I'd love to have this feature since I'm making a machinima film and I need to somehow make the speech look realistic.

Well, this is just a continuation of another CrazyTalk thread that I already assisted with. Please don't start multiple threads about the same topic, for your benefit as well as ours.

Well, I must say I'm confused. Leaving aside the industrial-strength can of worms concerning motion tracking, you say you want a fully 3D head, even though CrazyTalk doesn't provide one. You say you want speech to look "realistic," which you hope to achieve through some kind of video mapping. But then you also say you want to do "machinima."

"Machinima" is almost by definition "not realistic." It invariably has the video-game look of imagery that is unnaturally sharp, and it's always blocky, because of the low polygon count. Mapping lipsync on the pig is no better than mapping lipstick on a pig! BigGrin It's still a pig.

Bottom line: if you want to do machinima, do what everybody else does: use iClone. That DOES offer the 3D head you say you want. If you want lip-synch to be "more realistic," do what everybody else does: get off your butt and correct the animation by hand. Reallusion gives you all the power you need to be successful. Asking for a mess of contradictory features gives you no power to achieve anything.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards

Reading This Topic