Add timeline for "Text" in text special effects

Posted By gregory.houston 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gregory.houston
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
There may be a way to do this and I am just missing it, but I would like to be able to change the text on my chalkboard (Message Board_04) as my video progresses.

Right now the text special effect has timelines for "Transform", "Flip", "Visible", "Link", and "Opacity". I would add "Text" to this list.
gregory.houston
gregory.houston
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Also see, WOW to the showcase, where the user asked:

how the heck do you get the text to come up like it is being typed in?
(I saw that done on a few samples in the showcase)

... but received no response.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
A workaround to this is to add numerous copies of the same text prop into your scene.

Then you add the different text to each prop.

Finally use the Show/Hide command (top toolbar) to make each one visible/invisible at the appropriate points on the Timeline. This method although requiring more work will give the same end result. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic