You don't have permission to rate!

How to use iClone to Create a Clean Alpha Channel Video with HDR

Author
Whistling
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
P.S. This works for creating animated character sequences also...

Ever find just the right item you want to fill an area of your production with, such as a Bridge Troll swinging his club at the Billy Goats crossing the bridge, only to find out the Troll doesn't know his Alphas from his Betas and therefore puts on an appearance which makes the Goats laugh at him... he has no alpha channel?

Without the Alpha Mask, that Troll is just a square...and we can't have square Trolls can we? Smile

OK...I've beat my gums enough...the point is you can find all sorts of items on the web, inside other software packages that promote the item or enhance the borders, or any number of things. You just need to get rid the exterior portions of the item so it shows a true outline of the subject when viewed as an Image Layer, On a Plane, or a Billboard.

Well, I saw this little Comic/Cartoon Jet Airplane inside one such package, and thought it could be useful as a demo item.. It was a Product inclusion to demonstrate use of Flash inside the Video editor...

Inside this video is a full length...step by step guide on how I accomplished turning it into a usable prop/popVideo.

If you don't understand this at first, take a few minutes, download it, review it, and see if does you any good for using that special graphic to enhance your final product rendered from iClone. It takes less time than you think and it took me 20 times longer to put this small video clip together to show the steps...but it really does work. I know someone can get good use of the info, so here it is...

Further explanation is included in the video write-up on Youtube, so viewing it there in HD is the best experience...Just give it time to stream in by pausing the video for a few seconds once it starts, and you can avoid stutters in the playback if you have a slow or bad connection.

P.S. Those of you who use CTA and/or CrazyTalk can also take advantage of this method if you also use iClone to create the sequences...You just have to know how.

"Good Luck Charlie" Smile I'll be under the bridge.......

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "

Reading This Topic