Profile Picture

PROBLEM: new puppeteering recording is changing existing data on OTHER tracks

Posted By meftsimmons 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

PROBLEM: new puppeteering recording is changing existing data on OTHER...

Author
meftsimmons
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I'm animating a head using a vocal track and then going in with the puppet tools to animate the head tilt, eye blink, etc. Problem is, I'm trying to add eye blink (or anything new really) and it is resetting OTHER face items from 50 % strength to 100% strength. For example, I add a few eye blinks and it adds tons of little face keyframes in the face track but instead of it NOT overwriting the expression I wanted, it's overwriting it with 100 strength for some reason.

Animating a new take should really take 2 forms: erase old data or blend with old data.

If I erase old data, my original faces are wiped. Unacceptable. If I blend with old data, it is for some reason changing the strength of my originals even though I'm only wanting to ADD to the animation that's there. A sad face.... you go in next to make it blink. Nope, it does add the blink but now the sadness is 100% instead of 50%.

Crazytalk (the idea) is very cool. The interface and the bugs make it quite a challenge.

So, I have version 6.21. I am not sure if it has anything to do with ungrouping the clip but why should that matter? the individual data is still their and should not be changed if I don't change it.

Help if you can and thanks a lot.

TS
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If you want more precise control over facial features and are using the Pro version of CrazyTalk 6 then you can use the Solo Feature Selection of Puppeteering.

This allows you greater control over individual facial features. You can find out about this HERE.

There is also a video available HERE which may help. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic