Video Input Proublems

Posted By richardgaspa 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
richardgaspa
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Every time I input a video to CTA I get the following error: " YOUR SYSTEM CAN NOT SYSPORT NON-POWER OF 2 VIDEO TEXTURES" everything worked ok when I first installed CTA. - What happened? How can I fix it?
Edited
13 Years Ago by richardgaspa
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi..

What are the dimensions of the video you are trying to use? This error would normally only be shown when you try to use a video which is not power of 2 which your hardware doesn't support.

If it is happening on all videos of standard dimensions then please contact Reallusion Support using the link below. They will be able to check your system and help diagnose the problem.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

richardgaspa
richardgaspa
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Is there a link I can go to that will explain what "the power of 2". I never herd of this before. What is the power of 2 video?  
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Certain graphics hardware may require that textures be in a power of 2 in both dimensions.

So this means 1, 2, 4 , 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc are acceptable. The textures also don't normally have to be square but should be power of 2. So 1024 x 512 will be fine also.

So what can happen is that if you use a video of a standard size like 640 x 480 it will be converted to a video texture of say 512 x 512 to maintain the power of 2 structure. When your hardware doesn't handle this you get an error like the one you received.

With this in mind, if you try to keep your videos power of 2 you shouldn't encounter the error message you have been receiving.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic