How To Copy Your CT6 Content To CTA

Posted By Peter (RL) 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
To make the process of copying your older CrazyTalk 6 content over to CrazyTalk Animator clearer, we have prepared an FAQ to explain the process and the minor issues you may experience.

You can find the FAQ at the link below:

http://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/CTA/HowTo/CTA_FAQ/How01.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

zeidabuodeh
zeidabuodeh
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I still can't figure it out! The files I save on CT6 don't appear when I want to use the om CTA. Is CT7 more user friendly for transferring files to CTA?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

zeidabuodeh (1/8/2013)
I still can't figure it out! The files I save on CT6 don't appear when I want to use the om CTA. Is CT7 more user friendly for transferring files to CTA?

The files won't just appear. You have to manually copy them over as described in the FAQ or drag them into your CTA scene from Windows Explorer.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tk237
tk237
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I'm guessing that the process between CT7 and Animator is similar to the faq? Do some of these error issues still appear when transferring a CT7 file into Animator or are they fully compatible now?

I know that CTA is a more complete animation package while CT7 focuses on automating complex facial animation and puppeteering. CT7 animation scenarios and personality styles are what interest me the most in that package because it can really speed up workflow. However, if transferring assets from one to the other breaks some of the head files its a moot point.

Its not hard to see why Reallusion would have two separate packages. Users may not need all the features of CTA. However, my guess is that many of the people using CTA are going to find the features in CT7 quite useful. I'd use them separately and limit CT7 to close-up shots to spice up the, "talking head" look while using CTA for medium to full shots-- unless they are fully compatible now Smile
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

tk237 (8/13/2013)
I'm guessing that the process between CT7 and Animator is similar to the faq? Do some of these error issues still appear when transferring a CT7 file into Animator or are they fully compatible now?

I know that CTA is a more complete animation package while CT7 focuses on automating complex facial animation and puppeteering. CT7 animation scenarios and personality styles are what interest me the most in that package because it can really speed up workflow. However, if transferring assets from one to the other breaks some of the head files its a moot point.

Its not hard to see why Reallusion would have two separate packages. Users may not need all the features of CTA. However, my guess is that many of the people using CTA are going to find the features in CT7 quite useful. I'd use them separately and limit CT7 to close-up shots to spice up the, "talking head" look while using CTA for medium to full shots-- unless they are fully compatible now Smile

Unfortunately due the different engines and file formats used in both products, it isn't possible to open CT7 files in CTA or vice versa. Both are considered separate standalone products.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic