CrazyTalk Needs

Posted By JasonWynngard 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
It may be someone has already posted these wishes but here I go:

1. Allow cropping to be more specific. Example, photo has a full torso shot. CT cropping feature only allows a type of auto area selection. I can't grab a corner and dictate what area I as opposed to what the software wants.

2. Some limited chroma keying to allow users to input their preferred background for the model.

3. Consistent script reset. The reset button doesn't a;ways (does most of the time) really reset the script and script length. This may be due to my using the same photo to create the character speaking various statements. In any case, i ended up having to delete the script on the time line to make sure the script I wanted was what was saved.

4. Allow only the character area to be saved. The white edges are a crock when you plan to make a CT output part of a video sequence. The left and right white edges become quite annoying. I had to use a screen capture software to specify the area to copy in order to get rid of the white edges. very annoying.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Hi,

The problems you are having with cropping and white areas in the outputted video are all aspect ratio related. The best way around these problems is to start your project with an image in the correct aspect ratio. So for example if you want to output a 4 x 3 format video make sure you start with a 4 x 3 image. You can do this easily in an image editor if your photo isn't the right size.

Likewise if you want to output in Widescreen HD then start with an image in that format or be prepared to crop it to that format when you are ready to output.

With regards to the chroma keying request, you can add your own background already in Crazytalk. By using Background Mask Editing you can easily add any background image of your choice behind your model. Please see HERE for details.

Thanks for the feedback. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic