Character Parts Moving Chaotically in Cartoon Animator – Need Help

Posted By mihailbajrakov311 Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!

Character Parts Moving Chaotically in Cartoon Animator – Need Help

Author
mihailbajrakov311
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hello! I’m working in Cartoon Animator, but I’m encountering an issue where the character's parts are moving in a very strange and chaotic way, almost as if they’re not connected to each other. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem or how I can fix it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Files (psd and ca object file): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1anNLzlYvgMSZnUhzhyVowlJ0fMHTaMBd?usp=sharing

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FDAz9s0ZV95YPQ6Q5WchQOaBX6FhNeYv/view?usp=sharing
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi...

Unfortunately there are many issues with your character including wrongly positioned bones (knees, elbows in the wrong place), but the main issue is that the left and right arm bones and sprites are reversed. For example you have left arm sprites on the right arm bone and vice versa.

To better understand how character creation works, I would advise starting with the most basic setup which is with a 6 body part character.

To start learning the steps required please follow the tutorial HERE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mihailbajrakov311
mihailbajrakov311
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)

Okay, I fixed the situation with the chaotic movement of the arms, but how do I fix the fact that the movement of a body part, such as a leg, goes beyond the torso.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cQq3-43DL2JFZ_tuU7peoldnS-WfvKRd?usp=sharing
mihailbajrakov311
mihailbajrakov311
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

I also fixed the double boots and gloves
kg6jji
kg6jji
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

The leg goes beyond the torso because the leg isn't long enough.  It needs a rounded end.  At the 2:20 min mark CrazyTalk Animator 3.1 Pipeline Tutorial - Animate a Character from 6 Body Parts (youtube.com)  shows the rounded ends of the sprites.

For the best character rig, the limbs (sprites) at the body end need to be rounded with joint circles and pivot points just like the template dummies. This will prevent the limbs from separating with a gap between them and the body. 

Twitchymo Studio has a good video on this Cartoon Animator 4 Tutorial | Character Rigging using Krita and CTA Templates | Chef 2 Part 2 - YouTube

Reading This Topic