Replacing Characters In Existing Projects

Posted By Lord Ashes 3 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I have an existing project with a Daz Genesis 8 character. When I initially did the conversion, I did not convert the facial expressions because I though I would not need them. Now I do. So I have converted the Daz Genesis 8 character again this time using the DUF files for facial expression.

I would like to replace the character in my existing project with new version. Normally one can do this just by selecting the character in the scene and then selecting a new character in the content library and this will replace the selected character with the new one. The issue is that I have various things ATTACHed to the character and this process removes any ATTACHed props. Two of them are static with relation to the character and thus could easily be detached, and re-attached after the replacement but one of them is a camera which moves in relation to the character throughout the scene. When I detach the camera and then re-attach it to the replacement camera the camera does not result in the same views as prior to the replacement.

Is there any way to perform the character replacement while maintaining the relative offsets and relative rotations of the camera that is attached to the character? 

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic