Profile Picture

Cloth Layer Settings Crashing CC4

Posted By sleepysign 4 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sleepysign
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hello, hoping I can find some assistance for an issue I have been having for several days now. I created a wearable within CLO and want to import the FBX into CC4. Everything is working fine up until I have to Run Collisions -- it gets to 66% and crashes every single time.

I tried having the viewport in QuickMode or Minimal to reduce power needed to operate, but still crashes. Opened a new project with a base character instead of mine, but issue still persists.

I have deleted all Temp files from computer as I saw that may be able to help, but issue still persists.

I don't have the best computer, but CC has always run smoothly for me so I do not believe it is a hardware issue.
Using a 12thGen i5 CPU with 16GB RAM.

I would appreciate any help on this.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi... Have you tried importing the clothing in OBJ format instead of FBX? It's worth a try if you haven't already to see if it makes a difference.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sleepysign
sleepysign
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi Peter, thank you for the reply!

I think I may have actually fixed my issue. For those who may have the same problems I will layout what was wrong with mine.

Exported a full clothing set from CLO with a verrrrry high poly count of almost 500k.
My top was 70k triangles, while the shorts were a dramatic 420k triangles.

Decimating or UnSubdividing the texture should work to make the object less dense.

I believe CC was having issues with the import due to the large amount of triangles as I have now been successfully able to Run Collisions with it.

Last note for those who may read this -- be sure to fit the clothing to your character before importing to CC to have the best Collisions set.

Reading This Topic