Profile Picture

Unknown - Horror Animation

Posted By mich.zolnowski 5 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mich.zolnowski
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Hey fellow filmmakers and digital artists!

I'm thrilled to share with you a project I've been working on last year- a short film titled "Unknown." This project has been a labor of love, and I'm happy to finally share it with everyone.

"Unknown" follows the story of Alice, a young college student whose life takes a disturbing turn when she starts receiving mysterious messages from an unidentified sender. These messages gradually unravel details about Alice's life, plunging her into a state of escalating distress.We are drawn into Alice's world of uncertainty, where the lines between reality and illusion are blured.

To evoke emotion and immerse the audience in the story (hopefully I manged to do that Smile ) I used Character Creator and iClone. The environment was created using Unreal Engine. And the whole thing was composited in After Effects. Overall, I couldn't be happier with how "Unknown" turned out. The film was lucky enough to be accepted into a couple of film and animation festivals (among them Girona Film Festival, TAF - Thessaloniki Animation Festival and Animator Festival in Poznań). I feel like I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Character Creator and iClone for making it all possible. These software have truly revolutionized the way I approach filmmaking, and I can't wait to see what other creative possibilities they unlock in the future.

Here's some more art from the film:

Resize Editor

Enjoy and happy filmmaking!
Nirwana
Nirwana
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (999 reputation)Veteran Member (999 reputation)Veteran Member (999 reputation)Veteran Member (999 reputation)Veteran Member (999 reputation)Veteran Member (999 reputation)Veteran Member (999 reputation)Veteran Member (999 reputation)Veteran Member (999 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Very nice work. Animation work, render quality, set design, story and atmosphere are all way above average.
I thought the light level was a little low in a few instances making it more difficult to see her face (but maybe that is a YouTube issue) but other than that, it did help the overall mood of the video as well.
I also liked the tie-in with the wall art. ;-)

My YouTube channel: Animations made with Cinema 4D and Reallusion Products

rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I like impressive 👍👍👍
Greetings Robert
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yo, cool and well done!

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

mich.zolnowski
mich.zolnowski
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Thanks a bunch for all the positive vibes and encouraging words, they mean a lot! 
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Well done I very much enjoyed it congrats on your project, the mood and the atmosphere were very well done compelling drawing the audience in, keep up the great work.

Warped Reality VFX.
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Suspenseful. A pleasure to watch, even though I don’t get the ending.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Pretty cool.  I don't know what the ending implied but I liked how it was threaded into the scene.  Also liked the sound design.  And the door within the door framing.  Always a plus!  Good job.    

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Kalex
Kalex
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Hey really cool !! Was intrigued by looking at the visuals from your movie, which already looked cinematic.
So your short doesn't disappointed honestly. The atmosphere is pretty well mastered, as you said it yourself, you put a lot of effort in it and it shows. Nothing much happens in the first couple minutes but I wasn't bored, camera work and scenery are enough to gradually build up the tension.
It's really good work, I'm going to subscribe to your youtube channel, it's well deserved!
Auroratrek
Auroratrek
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
That was excellent--great job! I agree that I don't quite understand the ending, but visually and atmospherically, this really works. The fact that it was animated actually added to the tension I felt, because the possibilities of what she might encounter were endless.

I have just one microscopic quibble--and it might just be me--but where everything looks so realistic, the doorway from her room feels like it needs a door frame--it was the only thing that stood out to me as lacking detail.

But like I said, that's a minor thing, as this is among the best pieces I've ever seen done with iClone. Congrats!

On my Youtube Channel: Quest of the Key: Chapter One

Reading This Topic