Profile Picture

props problem

Posted By info.right2freedom 3 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
info.right2freedom
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (94 reputation)New Member (94 reputation)New Member (94 reputation)New Member (94 reputation)New Member (94 reputation)New Member (94 reputation)New Member (94 reputation)New Member (94 reputation)New Member (94 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I just installed the CTA5 demo version, and I tried to add a prop to a character in Composer mode. I dragged out a prop on the character, so the prop is now located on the character, but if I want to move the prop to change its position or size it is just jumping back to original position and size. When I go to the stage mode, there I can change the props position but if I go back to composer mode it is still on the previous position.
Also I dont know how can I attach the prop in front or the back of the character.  

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

I'm not sure if it's important you attach a desk to your character but you may find it easier to just keep the desk as a separate prop in your scene where you place your character behind it (you can do this by switching to 3D View and adjust your characters position along the z-axis).

Cartoon Animator has options to link (temporary) or attach (permanent) props to a character and an explanation of their uses can be found HERE.

There is also a great tutorial covering attaching or linking that can be found HERE. This should help and it also explains how to get the layer order correct.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Months Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic