Mesh to head failing

Posted By xzevlin Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
xzevlin
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I have used Mesh to Head previously, but today I tried to load it after bringing a default male in, and I get the following error.

"Multiple selection detected. To use Mesh to Head, please make sure to only have one model selected."

I've even deleted the boxer shorts in case that was being a problem, but the error always comes up.
xzevlin
xzevlin
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)

I selected just the CC_base_body in the scene settings, and it took me to the next screen, although it isn't allowing me to import a head mesh.  I get the following warning, and then it shows my character mesh and a generic CC head.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You are selecting a mesh that has sub-meshes. Spin down the little arrow in front of the name and select just the mesh that is actually the head. It may be the body and head are one piece, and that is fine. You just need to select a single mesh that has the head as part of it. If you just select the parent, it is also the eye meshes, teeth meshes, etc.
xzevlin
xzevlin
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be it in my case.  This is what my dropdown looks like.

And I get no option to choose an OBJ for input, I just get this screen with a default head and the full body.
Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (36.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
The first step would be to import the model you want to create a head from. You can use File>Import or drag your model in from an Explorer window. See the getting started tutorial here:

Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
If you have loaded a CC3+ character into the viewport, you now need to drag the head you wish to use with Headshot into the viewport as well (OBJ for example). Then select the head and press F to make the head central in the viewport. Once you have done this you can click the "Start Head Generation" button in the Headshot 2.0 plug-in to begin.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic