Posted By mailtheglobe Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Eye disappears on custom character during certain motions

Author
Problem.png
mailtheglobe
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've used the Human Template file to make a custom 2D character for Cartoon Animator 5 (v 5.12.1927.1, running on Win11). I've put all of the required images in the predefined layers.
However, when I do a calibration run for the face the right eye disappears and the FrontHair part disappears behind the Face when the character is looking left. When I do the full head calibration the right eye once again disappears and the FrontHair disappears behind the Face when the character is looking up, down, left, right and during the free head movement.
Since all the layers appear to be in the correct location, with the Face being way below all of the facial features and the FrontHair, how could this be happening?

The character also has both hands shooting up when I use the Sprite editor. Not sure what that's about either.
Hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Unfortunately it is very difficult to say exactly what the problem is without seeing how the character is made up.

It sounds like there could be some masking issues so please check out the facial setup tutorials below, and especially the one called "Designing Fully Functional Masked Eyes".

https://courses.reallusion.com/home/cartoon-animator/pipelines-and-render/photoshop

And if you are working in Illustrator with an SVG character then please check out the "Creating a G3 SVG Character" tutorial below.

https://courses.reallusion.com/home/cartoon-animator/pipelines-and-render/illustrator/

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic