Profile Picture

Starship Hrimfaxi Episode One, Part One (Cartoon Animator)

Posted By wsterdan Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Starship Hrimfaxi Episode One, Part One (Cartoon Animator)

Author
wsterdan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Months Ago
My first real attempt at a cartoon using Cartoon Animator 4. I'm still in the process of converting my 3D assets to 2D, so this uses my own male and female template bodies but my heads aren't finished, so I used Campus Heroes' heads.
Once I had my assets ready, I set a limit of 20 hours to see how much of a 20- to 25-minute 2D cartoon I could do, this is it. I plan on doing part two next week.
I have lots to learn, obviously, but this is the most fun I've had in many, many years.

Feedback welcome.
-- Walt Sterdan
Sunglass
Sunglass
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I like it, keep going on
wsterdan
wsterdan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Walt, you may “know” me as “Wolf359” on the Daz forums.
I LOVE these Character designs!! and as someone who has recently Migrated over to NPR styles myself I think CTA 4 is a good fit for you.
Great voice acting too.
Not sure where you stand on the whole AI thing but you can create some nice backgrounds to match the asthestics of your CTA productions with generative AI.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

wsterdan
wsterdan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

As always, thanks for your feedback and your suggestions. I'm behind on viewing your latest videos but plan on catching up over the weekend; I'm especially looking forward to your take on Ghost in the Shell.
I've seen the video you have here before and it -- and others you've posted here and elsewhere -- are very informative and helpful. Very worthwhile watching.
I haven't looked into AI too deeply, other than ChatGPT, but plan on investigating further in the near future.
For now, I'm still generating my backgrounds and scenes using DAZ Studio. Sets like the starship bridges were pretty easy to separate the chairs and consoles into different layers to allow the 2D characters to move behind or in front of things in the various rooms, as well as hallways and such.
As mentioned, finally playing with Cartoon Animator has been a blast, more fun than I've had in 3D in years. Once I finish another episode or two of Starship Hriimfaxi, I plan on finishing up my own heads for the characters, and probably making some stranger aliens and such. So much fun to be had.
Thanks again!
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I've seen the video you have here before and it -- and others you've posted here and elsewhere -- are very informative and helpful. Very worthwhile watching.
I haven't looked into AI too deeply, other than ChatGPT, but plan on investigating further in the near future.I haven't looked into AI too deeply, other than ChatGPT, but plan on investigating further in the near future.
Thanks I am a lone operator so AI ( especially voices) has been quite the boon for me.
I see you are enjoying the speed at which Iclone software allows you to produce completed shots.
My new ghost in the shell fan film was literally started on June 7
(last month) from nothing but a screenplay /story outline from Chat GPT and I already have 27 minutes of completed film& story sitting a Davinci resolve editing project file.
I love this new AI assisted pipeline!!
Looking forward to more of your series.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Reading This Topic