Profile Picture

Skeleton to CC4

Posted By anandadivine108 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
anandadivine108
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Creating CC4 characters with very different proportions from the base is time consuming.

Say for example I'd like to create a Gorilla but I want to have proportions like Steel
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/411235009717950287

Currently in planning I have 2 ways to approach this project.
1. I can create the base mesh from scratch in a DCC, and using reference as my guide, sculpt, and then wrap the CC4 character and try to get in CC4 - Very time consuming.
2. I can take the CC4 character and try to massage it by using morph targets to get the proportions right, then zbrush for sculpting. - Very time consuming.

My suggestion for a new feature is this.

1. You download the Steel model and AccuRig it as you would any normal model.
2. You save the bone data from AccuRig.
3. There would be an option for create CC4 Mesh from Bones.
4. CC4 would create a CC4 character in the exact pose and proportions of the saved AccuRig. (This would save hours of time)

(Of course it wouldn't be perfect, but the CC4 character would match the proportions exactly) So now I can take that into Zbrush
and now having proportions exact I can create my character.

If I have a library of different skeletons, I can create a good starting point for my character.

Please note that this would only replicate the shape and not the original model. It would supercharge development.  if you need to create 10 vastly different.
proportional characters it would save a lot of time, and the bone data is already available after AccuRiging the model, it can then be further adjusted with CC4 tools or external DCC.

TAaustin
TAaustin
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
That suggestion would be a nice feature to incorporate, having bones like a fish, dragon wings, or werewolf legs, that could adjust with the bones, like zspheres in zbrush, would be amazing not just biped characters, all creatures could be created in one application instead of jumping to different software apps, CC4 would be a real game changer if this would happen

anandadivine108
anandadivine108
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
TAaustin (6/22/2023)
That suggestion would be a nice feature to incorporate, having bones like a fish, dragon wings, or werewolf legs, that could adjust with the bones, like zspheres in zbrush, would be amazing not just biped characters, all creatures could be created in one application instead of jumping to different software apps, CC4 would be a real game changer if this would happen

It would save so much time. 90% of creating a character is nailing the proportions right. It's no problem of course doing it by hand, but if you want to create lots of characters, then it I think my suggestion would create a lot of more value. Like you said it would be a real game changer for creating characters Smile
TAaustin
TAaustin
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I seen a post that said a Body Shot 1.0 plugin would be a good idea, scan in photos or import mesh of body parts that could generate a new model with automatic bone setup that lets you create spiders, Medusa, mermaids, dragons, whatever...(all that would be needed is a custom tab, that you could rig the bones such a wings or tails...HeadShot 2.0 done first with profiles then merged onto the custom body that is compatible with body morphs). I would pay to be able to create any character with texture maps, facial profiles with body wrinkles, fish scales and morphs.
Edited
Last Year by TAaustin

Reading This Topic