Character Creator 4.3 - Now Available

Posted By Fionn (RL) Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Fionn (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
v4.3 (4.3.1815.1) released on June 19th, 2023. 
Please update using the Reallusion Hub. >> How to update 

Create 3D heads from any mesh with the newly-released Headshot 2.0 plug-in. Also several added funtions, enhancements, and bug fixes.

Added:
  • Direct baking of the current subdivision level is supported on props.
  • A button now exists in the Modify and Edit Mesh panels for hiding the CC3+ character's eyelashes under all render modes.
  • The ability to weld vertices on props is now accessible.
  • New iC/CC button for blend map bake and UV settings.
  • CC now supports progressive texture loading.
  • Transformer now supports Daz Genesis 9 characters.
Enhanced:
  • Users can now chose to replace the diffuse and/or normal maps when skin content is applied to the head.
Added:
  • After adding iTalk to the Perform list of the character, attempting to export the motion as an FBX file and loading it using the Load Perform feature results in successful loading of iTalk, but the export process fails. Feedback Tracker
  • Applying faulty SPX files causes the application to crash due to memory overload. Feedback Tracker
  • The Modify Morph button should be disabled for characters that lack the Morph tab in the Facial Profile Editor. Feedback Tracker
  • CC4's ability to render WAV format has been disabled. Feedback Tracker
  • The project will be named "TempAvatarWithMotionPlus.iAvatar" when Send to iClone is used on a character. Feedback Tracker
  • A 4K-texture character exported from CC3 to CC downgrades to 2K textures. Feedback Tracker
  • Bringing a character with multiple facial hair that was exported in FBX format back into CC causes the application to crash. Feedback Tracker
  • AccuRIG characters exported with Unreal preset with merged materials in FBX format do not have converted Unreal Engine skeleton. Feedback Tracker
  • FBX export fails for characters with "Mouth Open" morph shape. Feedback Tracker
  • The mesh repositions when parts of it has been hidden and its bones have been adjusted under the Adjust Bone mode. Feedback Tracker
  • The application freezes when an EXR file is dragged into the Displacement texture channel. Feedback Tracker
  • When exporting a Daz character with a facial profile to FBX and importing it as a Humanoid into CC, and then using the Facial Profile Editor to import the facial FBX file, the expression slider malfunctions. Feedback Tracker
  • When Windows user names contain non-English characters, exiting the Edit Expression mode in CC causes the program to crash.
  • With the Sculpt Morph panel open, entering certain functions of the Modify panel causes the Sculpt Morph panel to exit abnormally. Feedback Tracker
  • Fail to import objects containing faces with more than 10 sides.
  • If the CC3+ character has opacity applied to the eyes, resulting in holes in the material, it causes the ActorBuild conversion to fail.
  • Applying Lock Position to the animation player and a motion to a character causes it to displace.
  • The application crashes when certain foundational makeup data is applied to the character and its texture size has been adjusted to 4K.
  • Pressing the Convert button has no effect after using Optimize and Decimate on a character, selecting the Custom setting, and adjusting the texture channel.
  • When a character with bone scale is converted into an ActorBuild, there is a possibility of encountering faulty facial blend shapes.
  • Projects imported into CC via the Open Project command aren't being displayed in the Recent Projects list.
  • Whenever Optimize and Decimate are applied to a character with cloth physics data, selecting a bone in the Skeleton tab and subsequently pressing the Convert button results in an application crash.
  • When attempting to bind skin on a character that includes wrinkle data, an error message appears. Pressing the OK button within this message leads to a program crash.
  • When a character is exported in FBX format with merged materials, issues appear in its facial expressions. Feedback Tracker
amckenzie
amckenzie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Testing out the Gen 9 Transformer now.

Couple of questions:
Will there be updates to the DazResource folder with A pose for Gen 9?
Also, will the SkinGen Tools update to include Gen 9 UV transfer?

thanks

Andrew
Nyheim
Nyheim
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
After importing a Genesis 9 model into CC 4.3 with success and was able to work with any motions. Tried to export them later onto Daz 3D to work with the G9 figures which resulted in a corrupted rig animation and the model were completely broken to work with. 

Should be looking into why motions after being exported to Daz on G9 figures specifically are not working as intended. The G8 and the rest are working perfectly fine though.
anandadivine108
anandadivine108
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have CC4  Version: 4.31 (4.31.2001.1). When I use transformer for Genesis 9 I get the following error: Failed to load character: No suitable setup profile found.
Am I missing something?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
anandadivine108 (9/19/2023)
I have CC4  Version: 4.31 (4.31.2001.1). When I use transformer for Genesis 9 I get the following error: Failed to load character: No suitable setup profile found.
Am I missing something?

The error is probably character related.

To confirm this, please try the process with the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials Base Figure (no clothes or hair). If that works fine then the issue is with the specific character you are using. One of the most common reasons for this error is when the character has parts of the mesh hidden. To check for this, please take a look at the tutorial below.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

zen.parvez
zen.parvez
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (313 reputation)Senior Member (313 reputation)Senior Member (313 reputation)Senior Member (313 reputation)Senior Member (313 reputation)Senior Member (313 reputation)Senior Member (313 reputation)Senior Member (313 reputation)Senior Member (313 reputation)

Any chance of supporting Genesis 9 with cloths and hair in any future updates ? Only able to import the base model but whenever trying with cloths and hair its breaking the model apart with no texture.
ben_385251
ben_385251
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Is there any update on these 4k texture crashes when I upgrade my skin textures? That's a pretty big deal if you're looking for cinematic quality, is basically refund worthy IMO if this is not functional. This is a basic feature Reallusion is advertising and it is currently not functional, and likely going to cost me a deadline.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (119.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
ben_385251 (10/17/2023)
Is there any update on these 4k texture crashes when I upgrade my skin textures? That's a pretty big deal if you're looking for cinematic quality, is basically refund worthy IMO if this is not functional. This is a basic feature Reallusion is advertising and it is currently not functional, and likely going to cost me a deadline.

Did you report the issue in the Feedback Tracker? If so you should have a status update there.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic