Profile Picture

Transferring a character from Iclone 8 to CC4

Posted By aaroberts Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
aaroberts
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Hello,
I just recently picked  my iclone project back up after a few months and went to iclone 8.  I have 3 characters in my 
 8 project that I want to save to CC.  I thought there was a button to do this in iclone but I can't seem to find it.  I want to save the character along with all of it's props.  I've been looking for videos and have been unable to find anything.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Arthur
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
First, make sure that the props you want to save with your character are attached to it.

Then, with your character selected, under Modify, click Edit in Character Creator:

This will load the character in Character Creator, where you can then save it, with the props.

BTW, information about this is missing in the iClone 8 manual, as are many other topics.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

aaroberts
aaroberts
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)

Thank you sir!!!

Arthur
aaroberts
aaroberts
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Hello Animagic,
I was able to get my characters over to CC 4 so thanks for that help.

Now that I have them in CC I wanted to bring them to a new iclone 8 project.  I watched a video that said the content folders are shared between iclone and cc now, but that is not what I"m seeing.  I saved my CC 4 character as a CC project but it does not show up as a project in iclone.  

Am I going about this wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Arthur
aaroberts
aaroberts
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Hi Animagic,

I discovered if I added my character as an avatar it works that way... like 10 seconds after I posted this.  Hopefully this will help someone else!

Thanks again!

Arthur

Reading This Topic