Turjan's Travels #54 - To Catch A Thief

Posted By Turjan Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Turjan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
This one's taken way to long to finish, mainly because of a lot of IRL stuff getting in the way. However, the silver lining to that cloud is it allowed me to move from iClone 7.9 to 8 and give a makeover to some of the scenes I'd already done, making use of the shiny new tools.

Software used in this episode is CC4 & 3.44, iClone 8 & 7.93, the video game Elite Dangerous, HitFIlm Express, and some modified versions of my old Ivona TTS voices achieved by 'cloning' samples of generated voices into ElevenLabs, which produced a much more human-sounding result.

ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
This is some really good character animation, especially the facial animation.

Turjan
Turjan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)

Thanks! It's mostly mocapped with MotionLive and the LiveFace app on my iPhone, then I go in and tweak the odd frame here and there to smooth things or draw a bit more emphasis to an expression. I usually import audio files for AccuLips, then mocap facial expressions with the mouth masked out so I don't affect the lipsynching. After that I go through and keyframe in extra expressions to the lips like slight smiles or a curled lip.
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I liked it and it is good to see someone else who still makes movies with iClone and CC, like I do.

Interestingly, I have also cloned TTS voices I liked (from Play.ht) with ElevenLabs. That turned out to work remarkably well. I found the provided ElevenLabs offering a bit limited.

The only problem I had was with the voice of the twin sister (I think she is?), which I found a bit difficult to understand. But that's perhaps in her character...Unsure

I'm curious how you did the tire tracks, they looked very good to me.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I too wondered how you made the tire tracks. Was that from a video game?
mark
mark
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:54 AM
EXCELLENT! BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Turjan
Turjan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

The Starstone twins (Turjan & Turjanna) are both voiced by me. Turjanna's is with a little help from MorphVOX Pro. I did try uploading some samples of her to Elevenlabs for cloning, but the resultant voice actually sounded less human than my human original, lol

Lily is directly voice acted by my cousin, but Cass, Andra & Sahvee are TTS voices, mostly in their vanilla Ivona form, but with a couple of lines using clones in ElevenLabs. Andrew is totally ElevenLabs generated.

The tyre tracks are indeed an ingame effect from Elite Dangerous, as are the ship exteriors. When I originally started this series, it was before my iClone days, and all the footage was taken ingame. With every episode however, I find I'm putting more & more iClone footage in... there'll likely come a day when I don't even use any game footage at all.

This teeny snippet is my favourite from that episode because it's really quite old school. The background is a video clip from the game, but the two figures and the wheels of the vehicle on the left are iClone. I simply dragged the video in to iClone be the background, set up the correct camera distance and sun angle to match the video, then simply rendered the scene with the video included - no post production needed!

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Nice...

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Very well done. 👍
Greetings Robert

Reading This Topic