Profile Picture

Why isn't my physics accessory working ?

Posted By nmuta1 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question.png
nmuta1
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I exported a simple rectangular prism with several segments from Blender.  I created a simple weight map.  Then I attached it to my character's head, and applied the weight map, applied physics, and although the prism is attached to the character's head, and the prism is attached to the head, it has no physics properties applied when I play the animation in CC4.  I created a short video showing what I did and why it's not doing what I think it should be doing. 

Here's the video: 
https://watch.screencastify.com/v/mMiqKVAha3C0RW4MXQVt
Can anyone help me figure out why my prism is not showing physics properties ? 

animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Physic effects don't show in Character Creator, you need to try this in iClone.

You can check this with a character like Camila with skirt for example and apply a motion. You will see that the hair and the skirt are stiff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
Last Year by animagic
nmuta1
nmuta1
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Ok awesome, thank you.! Very helpful.   I have the new CC4 but my iClone is the old one that was bundled with my CC3 pipeline. 

In other words, I used to have CC3 Pipeline bundled with iClone 7.  
NOW I have CC4 and iClone 7 and there is no direct way to export to iClone7 that I can see. 

So there's no "open in iClone" button anymore ......
I exported it just as an FBX and when I imported it to iClone, the character looks good and the animation is there,  but the accesory is fused to the top of his head, with no physics applied. It's one solid mesh without any distigsuishable parts, so I cannot separate the accessory from the model. 

Do I need to somehow "upgrade" to the new "pipeline" ?  ( I had 'pipeline' before  but now i don't have it anymore ) .  Thanks in advance. 

Edited
Last Year by nmuta1
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I assume you do not have 3DXchange 7? If you do, you can import via 3DXchange and save as a prop.

You can then attach the prop to the character in iClone 7, which will make it an accessory.

You can then do as before, applying the weight map, etc., and then see how it behaves in iClone 7, which would tell you if it works as expected.

What is your ultimate goal with this? How are you going to use the CC4 character?

4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 43 minutes ago
It actually works in CC4, but is not enabled by default. Same as in iClone, enable both - soft and rigid (for collision to work if nessesary) physics in Project or at the top tasks tape.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/de668cfa-3036-4aa1-b824-41dc.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks, 4u2ges, for giving a better answer...Blush

I'm still trying to catch up with what is possible in CC4...Unsure

nmuta1
nmuta1
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

4u2ges thank you !  I had not even noticed those buttons on that bar..... that 100% works and gives me exactly what I needed. Thank you so much. 

Reading This Topic