Posted By COLINMAC2 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Imported Boots from DAZ, but can't make them conform to the character

Author
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
After much trial and error and advice from my friends, I was finally able to import and save a cool pair of wrestling boots from DAZ. But when I try to load them onto the character, How shall I say it? -- they act as a unit, if I fit one onto the character's left foot, the other boot is stuck a few inches away from the character's right foot, and vice versa. I can't move them as individual items, but only as a pair. And as a pair, even though the imported character worked perfectly, the boots don't. I've looked through the tutorials and the manual, but the Conform button doesn't even appear on my Modify panel? What am I doing wrong?
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
This part of the manual explains how to adjust the shoes: https://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/08_Creating_Custom_Assets/Creating_Custom_Shoes_OBJ.htm.

The idea is to use Edit Mesh to select the mesh of an individual shoe, after which you can move it to fit your character's feet. Then follow the other steps on the manual page.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

COLINMAC2
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)

Hey thanks, that was fast!
COLINMAC2
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Trying it, but edit mesh still won't select the individual boot, and when I click on edit mesh, the Move button gets grayed out and won't work.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5c36c7b-6068-46bc-861d-d9d8.png
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
There are four tabs when you open Edit Mesh. One of them is Faces and you should be able to drag around the area of one of the boots to select it. There is also an Element tab and by clicking one or the other boot you may be able to select it. 

I can't try it out myself right now, but it should work.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic