Profile Picture

Does Unreal Livelink works with Iclone lights?

Posted By Jfrog Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jfrog
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
Is there anybody succesfull with the livelink and Iclone lights?
I transfered the character,camera and lights and activated the Unreal Livelink in both Iclone and Unreal but the light result is really different.

I delete all light sources from Unreal before proceding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
This speculation on my part, as I'm not using this pipeline, but the way lighting is handled depends in large part on how the renderer works. 

For example, in Iray you have to specify an emission factor to see lights. Also, IBL in iClone gives no shadows, whereas in other renderers it does.

I'm sure there are experts around that can give you a more definitive answer.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Jfrog (3/29/2023)
Is there anybody succesfull with the livelink and Iclone lights?
I transfered the character,camera and lights and activated the Unreal Livelink in both Iclone and Unreal but the light result is really different.

I delete all light sources from Unreal before proceding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Yes , lights are working.
Add a "post process volume" and tick "infinite extent" (unbound) so you can handle the exposer for the whole scene.
Edited
Last Year by Bassline303
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Thank you both for your input.

It does not seem to work in my case, There is always ways too much light in the back side of the character. Even If I keep only the Iclone lights and adjust the overall exposure in Unreal.  Perhaps it has something to do with the rendering as animagic said.
It's not bad but really not conform to what I see in Iclone. Not a big deal...it's not really hard to do lighting from scratch in Unreal neither. 

Thanks again for your quick replies and help!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Reading This Topic