Profile Picture

Why are my characters displaying badly in my CA?

Posted By agwiazda Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
agwiazda
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I bought a new computer for Intel 13th Gen i9-13900K.
CA4 stopped displaying objects, characters correctly.
They are incomplete. On the old computer it was ok. Has anyone had a similar problem?
I want to buy CA5 but I don't know if I should waste my time.
Photo attached.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2008f7f9-daa1-4f04-8adb-8d31.jpg
Edited
Last Year by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi...

It looks like it could simply be a driver issue.

When you get a new computer it is vital you fully update your version of Windows and make sure you have installed the latest graphics drivers.

So first go to Start > Settings > Windows Update and make sure you have your system fully updated (you may need to run this a couple of times to get fully updated). Once you have updated your computer you should then make sure your graphics drivers are updated. New computers often come with drivers that are out of date so it is very important to get the latest drivers.

Your graphics will be either integrated Intel graphics, or you may have a dedicated graphics card from Nvidia or AMD. Whichever you have, just visit the companies website where you will see a link to download the latest graphics drivers. Once updated restart your computer before proceeding.

Finally, once you have everything updated, launch Cartoon Animator again and check if you still have the same issue. If the problem does still exist, try uninstalling Cartoon Animator and then reinstall again using the Reallusion Hub. This will hopefully resolve the problem. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

agwiazda
agwiazda
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Peter, thank you for your interest in my problem.

The computer is from December, all drivers are up to date. Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770.

I work on this computer on professional video editing. Everything works great except CA.

My spec:

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K

Storage: 64GB

Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770
---------------------------
Attached are 2 more screenshots with the problem. Everything is falling apart. The scene, characters, etc
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/24da17cf-0c4d-4259-b626-daed.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/38896851-4c1c-469c-8bd1-246f.jpg
agwiazda
agwiazda
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Reinstalling didn't help.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2150f4b0-3385-496d-a0d3-eab7.jpg
Thank you for wanting to help. Unfortunately. I have one graphics card.
my computer specs:

CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K

Memory: 64GB@

Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Unfortunately I think the integrated Intel graphics is likely the problem. Cartoon Animator 5 requires a dedicated graphic card from Nvidia or AMD with ideally at least 2GB of onboard video ram. As can be seen on the system requirements page below we don't support Intel graphics because generally they lack the performance levels needed for real-time animation software.

As a possible workaround, try opening Preferences (CTRL+P) in CTA5 and under "Render" change the Viewport Resolution to the lowest 512 x 512 and see if that makes a difference. Choosing a lower resolution reduces the amount of video ram needed so it might resolve the problem but at a cost of visual quality.

https://www.reallusion.com/cartoon-animator/download.html#system-requirements

However if the problem persists, please feel free to contact our Technical Support department who may be able to offer an alternative workaround for the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

vari.romeo
vari.romeo
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I run CTA5 on unupdated windows 8 with intel HD 3000 and it works well, so its probably something else

Reading This Topic