Transferring to a new computer

Posted By jeff.davies Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jeff.davies
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm expecting a new computer tomorrow (RTX 4090Ti baby!) and one of the first things I'll want to do atfer I get it up and running is to transfer over iClone and CC4.
I suspect I need to re-download them from my account page so I can activate them again using my license keys. Are there any  caveats or gotchas that I should know about before I get started down this path? I'd appreciate hearing from those of you that have walked this path before me! Thanks.

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios
animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 34 minutes ago
Congratulations!

The first thing you need to do is to uninstall the RL applications from your current computer to release licenses, assuming you will no longer be using it. You can uninstall via the Hub. Then you would uninstall any plugins that have a license limit.

On your new system, you would start with installing the Hub and then install from there. You could also download the full installers and install that way.

Content you can copy over but it will need to be "acknowledged" in the Content Gallery. I think there is a KB article about that.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Animagic! I'll see if I can find that KB article. Smile

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios

Reading This Topic