Profile Picture

Lip piercings!

Posted By Potatopealor Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Potatopealor
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a character I brought in from daz that I would like to add lip piercings to on the bottom lip. Unfortunately, the only bone I can attach it to is the head bone but that means it doesn't move and conform to the lower lip properly when the character talks or moves its mouth in any way. Is it possible to either merge the lip piercing to the lips so that it shares the weight painting or perhaps parent it to the lip mesh? ...or is there any other solutions for this?? Any help is much appreciated!!!
yogdyr
This post has been flagged as an answer
yogdyr
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)

Last Active: 16 hours ago
Attach the accessory to the head, then set the skin weights to the mustache
animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 54 minutes ago
I have not tried this but my first thought was to assign the lip ring a moustache type, as that would move it with the lips. Moustaches are the only items that would move with mouth.

It is an interesting problem as piercings appear all over the place.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
Last Year by animagic
Potatopealor
Potatopealor
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)New Member (85 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
THANK YOU!!! That worked like a charm!

Reading This Topic