How to pace the character within the scene

Posted By COLINMAC2 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've looked through the tutorials and the online manual, and I can't find this. When I load the character into a scene, she is stuck inside a platform. How do I set her on TOP of the platform? Not asking about animation, just setting the character to begin animation. Is there a tutorial that answers this, because I can't find it.

Update: I found a way to lift her up using Motion Pose, but I can't move her back and forth or place her within the environment. Yes, I know I've been needy this past couple of weeks, but I can't find anything on this anywhere.
Edited
Last Year by COLINMAC2
mark
mark
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Double clicking on an avatar will pretty much always load it to the 0,0,0  coordinates of the iClone world ( you can also drag it into the viewport as well). If there is a prop occupying that position 0,0,0,  the avatar will be in the middle of it for sure. It might help to "Convert to Terrain" by right clicking the "platform" and then checking "Foot Contact" in the avatar's "Modify" tab. You will still have to raise the avatar with it's Gizmo up onto the platform probably. Using the GIZMO is most important in positioning an avatar or prop or most anything.  This is mostly for use  iClone,  in CC you can still use the GIZMO to adjust the avatar's position .

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
Last Year by mark
COLINMAC2
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)

Can you tell me where in the manual it talks about GIZMO? I'm not seeing it.
COLINMAC2
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I found the Gizmo (I think), but there's no way to raise up the character with it. The character refuses to move!
COLINMAC2
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

No, wait-- I found it. But it has to be done in the Transform panel under Edit. Thanks!

Reading This Topic