Profile Picture

I have a group of interrelated questions about customizing CTA5 characters

Posted By chris_20090922170801744 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

I have a group of interrelated questions about customizing CTA5...

Author
chris_20090922170801744
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
OK. custom characters. I am very familiar with Character Creator and iCLone and it's very clear in those tools where to change the head, where to change the hair, each clothing item, etc. I just started trying CTA5 and thought it would be the same, since it's the same company = same content manager layout - but here is where I get confused: if I want to change a main clothing item like shirt or pants, do I have to build an entire new character? I see that I can add a few accessories like hat or jewelry in the same way i would have in iCLone, but beyond that are all changes done in Photoshop and brought back?
Can any of you give a quick summary of your workflow?
Can you point out a good tutorial that addresses this topic specifically?
Also, if you do add an accessory, and it blocks out one of they layers of the character (i want the arm sway to happen OUTside of the accessory) how do you adjust the layers to make the arm the outermost thing? I tried it in 3d view and I guess I was doing it wrong?
Any input appreciated.
Thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi...

In Cartoon Animator 5 you do all customizing in Composer Mode (accessed from the top of the left side toolbar).

Once in Composer Mode you can completely customize heads by mixing and matching facial features like eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouths, hair and so on. All of these parts are available in Content Manager.

Clothing is normally one piece for G3 360 characters. So within CTA5 you can create a custom head and then change the whole outfit for that character but not individual parts like a t-shirt or skirt etc. To create completely new clothing is normally done in your image editor or drawing software using templates, but you can also change the sprites directly in CTA5 if you wish.

Please take a look at one of our latest packs below. This explains the power of the new SVG features and shows how you can customize clothing further by changing colors, add accessory parts like cuffs and sleeves and hide layers to further customize the clothing.

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/CTA/Pack/G3-Dynamic-Character-Designer/default.html

For tutorials, please check out the Courses page below which shows all the character creation tutorials. There are also specific tutorials for the PSD workflow or SVG workflow (more are coming).

https://courses.reallusion.com/home/cartoon-animator/character

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

chris_20090922170801744
chris_20090922170801744
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Peter!

Reading This Topic