Importing DAZ characters with hair

Posted By COLINMAC2 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
OK, this is weird. I imported a DAZ character WITH the hair. But when I added clothing, his hair disappeared! What did I do wrong this time?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 minute ago
I'm guessing when you imported the hair and didn't change the "Type" to Hair. If you leave it set to Cloth it will be assigned a layer number. If you then load an item of clothing with the same layer number then the old content will be replaced. Always make sure you set the "Type" correctly and ensure the clothing is set to the correct layer numbers as explained below.

https://manual.reallusion.com/Character-Creator-4/Content/ENU/4.0/08_Cloth/Assigning_Layer_for_Compatibility.htm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

COLINMAC2
COLINMAC2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)Veteran Member (836 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Yeah, but the weird thing is, when I imported the file it imported as ONE item, characterwithhair, and I couldn't separate the two. So when I started added clothes, his hair disappeared? This isn't making sense. I assume my error was the Exportation of the character to begin with, but it looked like I followed instructions in the video.

Reading This Topic