Edit Motion Layer window will no longer open

Posted By barca-8 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
barca-8
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
I managed to open the "Edit Motion Layer" window once, but now it will no longer open. This seems similar to the problem I have with the "Timeline" window: You can select it from the menu but the window won't open. This is with iClone 8.2.1421.1 on Windows 10. 
Happy to upgrade to Windows 11 if it's known to help, but I don't want to upgrade just to see if (hope that) it fixes the problem.
Extremely frustrating not to be able to get such basic things to work.

Note: I have a 3-monitor system. These problems go away if I unplug the 3rd monitor.
Edited
Last Year by barca-8
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The most common cause of missing panels is when you have moved a window/panel onto a second or third screen and then later go back to a different screen setup without returning the panels.

The recommended solution is to move all your moved windows/panels back to the main screen before you end your session This is important if you may not use the same monitor setup the next time you use iClone.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

barca-8
barca-8
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Thanks for the response and the suggestion.
However, my monitor setup is static. I don't ever change it.
It's setup as follows, with monitor A above monitor B, and monitor C to the right of (and in the middle of, vertically) both.
I generally keep all iClone windows/panels on A and B.
A
---- C
B

If I stack all 3 monitors vertically like below, I do not see the problem.
A
B
C

barca-8
barca-8
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Is there an appropriate place to submit a bug report on this?
Maddening trying to get panels to show up with my 3-monitor configuration.
Thank you.
kumarankittravel
kumarankittravel
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

If the Edit Motion Layer window is not opening, it could be due to several reasons, such as software glitches, compatibility issues, or corrupted files. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help resolve the issue:

1. Restart the software program and try opening the Edit Motion Layer window again. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve software glitches.

2. Check if the software program is up to date with the latest updates or patches. Updating the software to the latest version may fix compatibility issues or bugs.

3. Try resetting the software preferences to default. This can often fix corrupted or misconfigured settings that may be preventing the Edit Motion Layer window from opening.

4. If none of the above solutions work, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the software program. Be sure to back up any important files before doing so.

If the issue persists, it may be best to reach out to the software provider's technical support team for further assistance.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
barca-8 (3/14/2023)
Is there an appropriate place to submit a bug report on this?
Maddening trying to get panels to show up with my 3-monitor configuration.
Thank you.

The forum is for discussion and for seeking help from the community. If you need official Reallusion Technical Support, please see the thread below. Thanks.

https://forum.reallusion.com/530835/Important-How-To-Get-Reallusion-Support

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ImanKabir
ImanKabir
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Solution: Please ensure that iClone is closed before proceeding. Disconnect all secondary monitors and run iClone on your primary monitor. This should resolve the issue without the need to reinstall the application.

Reading This Topic