Profile Picture

What is the skinning pose????

Posted By DerPapa Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DerPapa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Guys
I'm really desperate at this point. I try to skin a poncho to the uper torso of my character. but as soon as I try to test with another animation. it breaks apart.
I don't know how to reset the weighting. Every try of smoothing or painting the weights ended in a mess.
There is no pose where the objekt turns into it's normal state. So, what is the skinning pose? Is it the pose I did temporarily to fit the Character into place?
How do I get there again, after I assigned a test animation????

I also tried to define the otuer Part as cloth and do a sim, but that sim starts from a T pose or so. the poncho start completely deform into the sim and doesn't nearly relax into the natural shape.
I'm lost with this. Any help is appreciateted

Michael
Edited
Last Year by DerPapa
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9106fbe5-c55b-4e65-8e4e-19c6.jpg
DerPapa
DerPapa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks a lot. That was very helpfull!

Michael

Reading This Topic