Profile Picture

Is there a way to export GameBase skeleton without downgrading the mesh?

Posted By Jaydead Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Is there a way to export GameBase skeleton without downgrading the...

Author
Jaydead
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi!
I'm working on a UE4 VR project, and have all my NPC characters using game base models. Now I'd like to export a character that will be used for the player character, but without downgrading to the lower poly game base model. Is there a way to get the model exported with a similar rig as the game base without downgrading the mesh? I'd like to use only one skeleton for all characters, so they can all share the same animation data.

Cheers!
Rampa
Rampa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 50 minutes ago
You can use the custom settings in the Optimize And Decimate tool. Only change the skeleton. Do not reduce anything else.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/034dfe6c-d8ed-4aa9-b71c-085d.png
Jaydead
Jaydead
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)

Aha! So is LOD 1 the equivalent to the Game Base skeleton? :O
Jaydead
Jaydead
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the tip!

Didn't work quite so easily, as the gamebase also renames the bones, while this method doesn't. Re targeting shouldn't be quite as hard tho.

Reading This Topic