Profile Picture

wrinkles disappeared after imported to blender via blender tool plugin and the eye's are not render...

Posted By 241692362 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

wrinkles disappeared after imported to blender via blender tool plugin...

Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
the plugin is 1.5.4 which is the latest version and the wrinkles are not showing up in both EEVEE and CYCLES
lordannoyed
lordannoyed
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm having this issue too.  Glad I noticed this before purchasing the wrinkles.  I'm surprised no one has answered it yet.
Leodegrance
Leodegrance
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)Veteran Member (631 reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I tried the new wrinkle system in blender using the latest addon (version 1.57 now, I think).  The wrinkles seem to come through okay.  I might need to adjust the normals in Blender to make them more pronounced.  One thing I did notice, was that the facial hair including the eyebrows clipped through the skin.  In the direct output from iClone8, this didn't happen.  I post the links in the Blender auto setup thread for Victor to have a look at.  I might be doing something wrong on my end, but I'm pretty sure I followed the process for exporting .fbx as outlined in the documentation.   Have a look at the links below (No audio in any of the three videos):

Direct export from iClone8 Render to mp4 file (animation cut off halfway through)

Version 1 Blender Eevee (facial hair merged in .fbx export options selected)
https://youtu.be/G2P5g5Ao9Lo

Version 2 Blender Eevee (facial hair not merged):

Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
So far I've only found one case that can prevent the wrinkle maps being set up in Blender, and that is when bad collision mesh data in the character causes the export to write incomplete JSON data. Without complete JSON data the add-on won't set up the character properly.

I've got a couple of characters this has happened to. These characters work fine in CC4 and iClone, it's only when you export them it all goes wrong.

Check the .json file in the character export. If it looks like it's been cut short then this could be the problem.

If so, you can fix the collision mesh data by removing all the existing ones from each body part in the Modify > Collision Shape editor and either regenerating them or replacing them from another character. But they must be completely removed from each body part first.

Edited
Last Year by Victor.Soupday

Reading This Topic