Quick question on updates

Posted By jeff.davies Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jeff.davies
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a question on how updates work. Today I started iClone8 and CC4 and was prompted to download updates. One of the upodates included the Camila.rlHair file. My question is this:
Aft4er I update the Camila.flRhair file (or any other file) are those update automatically applied to any ccProject that uses that hair? Or do I need to load, in CC4, any character that had that hair style, delete and re-add the hair to the character, then regenerate in iAvatar files that are based on this ccProject and re-import them into any iClone project that uses those avatars?

I'm sure therer are good reasons for RL (and other authors) to update these files. I just want to be sure I know how to best take advantage of the updates. Thanks!

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios
wires
wires
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Content updates do not affect any items already embedded in project files, these would need to be removed from the scene and replaced with the updated item. Replace or leave as is depends on just what has been changed in the item and if the changes are significant enough to justify the replacement. Some items, such as Morphs already baked are impossible to replace while those that have been heavily modified by the user in the scene may involve too much work to replace.

I assume however that anything being offered for sale would have to be replaced while items rendered in a video scene may be OK as they are.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic