Profile Picture

Remove from Mac, Short sighted

Posted By tipton Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tipton
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I did all my animations with Cartoon Animator on my MAC, and I don't mind they use Windoze, but what has upset me is, the working version they had, is no longer available, so I can continue to use it on any existing mac I have it installed on, but when i bye a new faster mac, i suddenly discover its no longer available with some excuse about support and new features? WHY? Why not leave the legacy for those of us who are happy with it, and place some notes such as support XyZ version mac os or something, so what now? So if I have to learn a new system like windows, or Adobe, then maybe go the free option like blender. I spent a lot of money on this. product and library items, and I feel completely let down and messed about, if a company can just pull its product, then why trust the company in the future? All I want is to be able to down load the last released Mac version of Cartoon Animator... Any suggestions or locations to get it?
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 10 minutes ago
As I understand it CTA4 worked on intel macs
RL dropped  All  mac support with CTA5  going forward.
if you bought CT4 You can still use it on an older intel mac
If you bought a new M1/M2 mac and your older intel mac software stopped working, you should blame Apple.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Did you look on the Registration page of your Reallusion Account? (link below). You should be able to find the CTA4 Mac download there.

https://www.reallusion.com/member/#/en/registration

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

arenbailey
arenbailey
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hello, 

If you already own a copy of the Mac version of CA4 then you should have no issues running it on a Mac (even an M1/M2), doesn't have to be intel necessarily. Macs rosetta translates intel apps very well. Speaking from experience. 

If you own a copy, then it's yours, and if you are planning to buy another version, tech support told me that I can get in touch with them, but they won't publicly display the option on their website. 

What kind of issue are you going through? What version Mac/ OS version? 

Reading This Topic