Standard License Confusion: Making models and outputs for my own game

Posted By dan.goyette Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Standard License Confusion: Making models and outputs for my own game

Author
dan.goyette
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I've been trying to understand how the Standard and Extended licenses differ, and I'm confused about the scope of "single character only" when it comes to plugins and assets.
I'm working on my own commercial game. I'll never be selling any of the assets I create, they're simply used within the game. Here are some questions:

Let's say I purchase something from the Content Store. For example, "Prime Hairstyles": https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/Prime-Hairstyles/default.html?addfrom=14.00014
I have to choose Standard or Extended license. If I choose the Standard license, does that mean I'm only allowed to use "Prime Hairstyles" on just one of my characters? Prime Hairstyles has all sorts of hairstyles, textures, accessories, etc. But am I limited to using it on just one character? If I have two characters in my game, and I want to give each of them two distinct hairstyles with Prime Hairstyles, is that covered by the standard license
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
With the Standard License you can apply 1 hairstyle to 1 character only. Once you apply a hairstyle to a character, you may not use that same hairstyle on another character in the same game or a different game. However, you can use other hairstyles in the pack for other characters, but again with a Standard License you will be limited to using the hairstyle on just that one character. You can't later make another game and use the hairstyles again on new characters.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic