Profile Picture

Primitives, I see I can merge them, but can I subtract them? Trying to modify shapes.

Posted By Officerchris Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Primitives, I see I can merge them, but can I subtract them? Trying to...

Author
Officerchris
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Greetings.

As the subject line says, I'm trying to create a shape in iClone 8. I saw that I could take a few primitives and merge them into a new shape, but now I want to carve a piece of that shape away. I don't see a means of subtracting from the initial shape I created. I read that it was possible in 3DXchange, but that 3DXchange had been discontinued and its features merged into the iClone software. So I'm assuming it is possible. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi...

When 3DXchange was discontinued some of its features were integrated into iClone 8 and some were integrated into Character Creator 4.

So for all mesh editing features you will now need Character Creator 4 (or you can export the model to Blender and do the editing there if you don't have CC4).

If you do have CC4 then please watch the tutorial below. This explains how you can edit props to create sub-props and how to remove parts of the mesh.

https://youtu.be/v2A-TR5h_xs

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic