Profile Picture

Noticed issues with the new Hub

Posted By simonlspencer Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
simonlspencer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Before I start, I would like to say the new look for Reallusion Hub is great. Everything is much clearer to read and I like the darker menu theme. However, I have also noticed a couple of problems with the major update.

First I tried to uninstall CC3, where the options for this in the Hub don't seem to do anything. As such users should, for the time being, use the Apps manager in Windows 10/11 Settings. The reason I was uninstalling CC3 was because I recently got an upgrade to CC4, so I decided to install it on my newer system as well.

This led me to my second (and very important) issue. Upon clicking the Account symbol to log in on the new machine, a window pops up which should give the option to enter email and password, but it doesn't - instead you can't close this, making the Hub inaccessible. The only way to resolve it is to force-quit the Hub. Unfortunately, you still can't log in to install licenses, and I've found trying to install anything that doesn't require you to log in creates the same error...

Until a hotfix is deployed, users should uninstall their applications completely, uninstall the Hub, and do a clean install. It is the best way to avoid incompatibility between the two Hub-versions.

HUB
Edited
Last Year by simonlspencer
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you for the feedback. 

I have just tested uninstalling CC3 from the new Hub and it uninstalled correctly. As my copy of CC3 was installed with the previous version of the Hub there doesn't appear a general issue or bug with this process. As you have mentioned if you do run into uninstall issues with the Hub you can just use the Windows uninstall option instead.

For the second issue I again couldn't reproduce this as login was possible and the login window displayed correctly.

As these appear to be system specific issues I would advise contacting Support using the link below. They should be able to help you resolve the login issues.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic