Profile Picture

Custom Mesh as new Base Mesh?

Posted By MakeStuff999 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MakeStuff999
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi all, new CC4 user here but experienced 3d artist. I've been going through the tutorials with a particular interest towards custom meshes as new, base characters. I've found a lot on getting custom characters in CC4 and a lot customizing base characters in CC4, but less on making custom-made characters a new basis for customization. New, custom content, which becomes customizable.

Like, let's say I am trying to use CC4 to make new Muppet-style characters, so starting with CC4 base humans isn't really an option. I want to bring in a new base, skinned mesh and some new accessories and make it a CC4 character (I've already gotten this far.) Then I want to push and pull that base mesh around to make a bunch of brand new Muppets from that first, Muppet mesh. Different proportions, new morphs, new accessories etc. 

How to make custom content into new Templates, is maybe what I'm trying to say. How do I make my Muppet into a CC4 Camila and Kevin-style base character?

I'm not expecting someone to teach me this process in a reply, I'm just not sure what terms I should be looking for to find the answers in the tutorials so I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I'd love to links to any resources, tutorials or videos along these lines. I suspect they may be buried in the Blender specific tutorials?

Thanks in advance.

Reading This Topic