Profile Picture

Why Text to speech in Create Media has only 2 voices DAVID and ZIRA in CTA 5

Posted By tabish.abbasi Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Why Text to speech in Create Media has only 2 voices DAVID and ZIRA in...

Author
tabish.abbasi
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Why Text to speech in Create Media has only 2 voices DAVID and ZIRA in CTA 5 (unlike many voices in CTA4).  Is there anyway  we can have other voices in CTA 5 text to speech under "create media" for CTA 5 ?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Cartoon Animator 5 doesn't come with any text to speech voices nor did Cartoon Animator 4. Both products just use the compatible voices that are found installed on your computer and those included with your Windows OS such as David and Zira. I'm not sure which extra voices you had in CTA4 but  it may be that these were older voices and are no longer compatible.

Overall you may find it much easier to use a text to speech service like Replica where can choose from a large library of voices, add your text, and then save as an audio file for use in CTA5.

https://replicastudios.com/

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Macdonut
Macdonut
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I believe these are dependent on what voices you have installed in Windows. You can also add custom ones in Windows. Google will let you know how. I only have Hazel and Zira at the moment, but before upgrading my PC I'd managed to install all the Microsoft ones, but you can also add third party ones. You could try this as a starting point: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/appendix-a-supported-languages-and-voices-4486e345-7730-53da-fcfe-55cc64300f01

I believe it also requires a registry tweak to enable the facility to choose all voices, but it would be great if we could do this from within the program.
NOTICE - TRY AT OWN RISK - To make extra voices installed on your PC available to Cartoon Animator 5 you can use the method mentioned here: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/11/unlock-all-windows-10-tts-voices-system-wide-to-get-more-of-them/
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
There are complicated usage restrictions with some voices that you can buy and install (we had discussions about that years ago and RL had to simply stop providing them). Although TTS within the program is convenient, there are online solutions (including free ones) that give far better results.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic