Profile Picture

G3 Clone Cloth

Posted By lucasphi 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lucasphi
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Hi everyone!

I'm preaty sure that if I did some searching I'd find the answer to this question, but since it envolves my money, I thought it would be better to ask directly Smile

I'm thinking about buy G3 CloneCloth (both male and female). My question is: Do the cloths work with that nude g3 models that comes free with iclone or do I have to buy something else for it to work?

Thanks,
Lucas

-------------------------------------

Odeio pessoas que escrevem porcarias na própria lingua em fóruns internacionais.

"Life at every breath..."
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
It's important to understand that the head, hands, feet, and the upper and lower bodies of the "embedded" (= standard, free) avatars are each composed of 3D meshes that can be replaced with a new mesh.

The analogy with real life does not apply: clothing is NOT purchased as a layer object that fits over any standard nude upper or lower body.

Some clothing packs contain an incomplete nude torso and a clothing layer. These meshes will completely replace the "embedded" torso mesh.

Other clothing packs contain a nude layer and two clothing layers. These meshes also completely replace the "embedded" torso mesh.

Only Accessories can attach to an existing avatar mesh.

(If I've made a mistake, please correct.)

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Alley
Alley
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm not sure I totally understand the question.  You can create uppers and lowers with the clone cloth, and then apply them to the nude character, but in effect you are replacing the existing upper and lower of that body with the clone cloth upper and lower but the head would remain the same.

If you want to dress the character, why would you necessarily want to apply the clothes to the nude. I'm confused at the question.w00t

Is the nude body a different proportion or something?

The G3 clone cloth can be applied to any G3 character if that is what you are asking.

Here is the nude with a clone cloth gown applied to the upper and lower.  The upper and lower is replaced with a new one, but if I move the opacity sliders over, she still looks pretty much identical to the nude, except she now is wearing underwear "sort of".Smile

Alley

Edited
14 Years Ago by Alley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
lucasphi (6/10/2010)
Hi everyone!

I'm preaty sure that if I did some searching I'd find the answer to this question, but since it envolves my money, I thought it would be better to ask directly Smile

I'm thinking about buy G3 CloneCloth (both male and female). My question is: Do the cloths work with that nude g3 models that comes free with iclone or do I have to buy something else for it to work?

Thanks,
Lucas

G3 CloneCloth comes with the clothing already attached to a standard nude G3 avatar. For the female pack you have Violet and for the male pack you have Trey.

What you can do then is mix and match the different style Uppers, Lowers, Shoes. You can change the heads to any character you want, change the hairstyles and change the body shape to create new avatars. You don't have to buy anything else.

Hope this helps. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic