Profile Picture

If I didn't have 3 big monitors, this would be a deal breaker.

Posted By andrewkartashev 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

If I didn't have 3 big monitors, this would be a deal breaker.

Author
andrewkartashev
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
My 1440 resolution is producing all kind of havoc with the iclone interface layout.  The content and scene panels don't shrink and they leave the main viewer about the the size of an avatar signature.  It's like picture in picture only without the big picture.   Luckily for me I got 3 monitors so I just drag them on a second. If this was a year ago when I was using my laptop, I'd be a lot more frustrated.

Also, the content folder gets stuck when you move it.  You get the up down arrow when you move over the top bar though the panel itself works.  But it's stuck in the middle of everything. It's not docked because it's still a floating window, but it acts like it thinks it's docked.   That's odd.  I can usually make it disappear but sometimes it gets stuck in front of the Window menu and I can't resize the program itself.  That only happened once and after a restart it was okay.  

I'm assuming this is isolated because it would be huge to have iclone shipping unusable at 1440p.  This isn't Cyberpunk.  At 1080, the problem goes away but I shouldn't have to resize every time I open the program. I got it set up now and I'm never moving the content folder again once it's in place so I'm good.  But I'm curious if this has to do with my amd 6600xt (and Windows 10).  I'm sure Reallusion has something to do with this but I'm wondering if this would be happening with nvidia.  Or the fact that I got 3 monitors at 1440 powered by a mid range 1080 card.  (And why am I instantly assuming it's Radeon.  They must hate that.  Seriously, don't not buy the card because of me.  It's a fantastic gpu for the money.)  I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has dealt with this and how widespread it is.  I've never returned a reallusion product in my life but I might just have if I was on my old Asus gaming laptop still.

But now that the visual issues are worked around, it's happy fun time.  I finally have iclone 8 and CC4.  Yay.

jeffkirkland
jeffkirkland
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Looks like you may have posted an image I can't see but here's a screenshot of iClone on my 1440p monitor. Seems fine to me. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ee31a50e-24d9-434e-a2c0-592e.jpg

Jeff Kirkland | Director • Cinematographer • Storyteller
Hobart • Tasmania • www.one18films.com
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I use 150% on my scale settings and this seems to work on my curved 38" monitor running 3840x1600.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 minutes ago
I work with a single 43" 3840x2160 monitor with scale setting at 125% and I have no problems.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic